Matthews for McGahee?! WHIR just leave a link. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Matthews for McGahee?! WHIR just leave a link.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Matthews for McGahee?! WHIR just leave a link.

Postby i_b_sparks » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:24 pm

My: Ryan Matthews, Jackie Battle, & Kendall Hunter
For his: Willis McGahee & Doug Martin

I am a Ryan Matthews owner who gambled on him at the draft and now I'm starting to think I might have lost the gamble. I've got Battle as a cuff but this situation is starting to remind me of the RB situation in Washington and I don't wanna continue down this road if I can help it. Another owner has been shopping Willis McGahee almost violently for whatever reason and he has expressed interest in Matthews. To make things more of a perfect fit for trade partners, he owns Frank Gore and I own Kendall Hunter. Naturally he wants Hunter as a cuff.

From a bye week standpoint it actually helps both of us although from a points projection standpoint I lose. Talk me off the ledge if I'm wrong, but here's what I've come up with and am ready to propose this trade.

10 team PPR. 1 pt Rec. 1 pt 10 yds rushing. 1 pt 10 yds receiving. 6pts all TD's.
Keep 2 players for next season. Start 3 WR, 2 RB, and 1 Flex W/R/T

My roster:
QB: Payton Manning, Joe Flacco
WR: AJ Green, Brandon Lloyd, Jordy Nelson, Malcolm Floyd, Kenny Britt, Andrew Hawkins
RB: Arian Foster, Ryan Matthews, Benjarvus Green-Ellis, Jackie Battle, Kendall Hunter, Danny Woodhead
TE: Aaron Hernandez, Jermaine Gresham, Heath Miller
K: Lawrence Tynes
DEF: Seattle, New England
i_b_sparks
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Matthews for McGahee?! WHIR just leave a link.

Postby LMack » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:52 pm

I don't see why the Mathews situation would degrade to anything worse than the split he had with Tolbert last year. Mathews averaged 17.2 PPG in that time share.

However, the player that was completely undersold in your run down of the trade and actually makes it close is Doug Martin. He could have a very productive year in PPR formats.

It comes down to Mathews and BJGE vs. Martin and McGahee, and it's close.

If you're truly concerned that the Mathews situation is going to be a value killing split, you are getting decent value back. I'm a believer in Mathews. I think holding on to him offers the highest upside. He was a first round pick in early drafting leagues for a reason. However, as you brought up, there seems to be more risk involved now that there has been unanticipated carry sharing.

To recap, I would want the Mathews side of this deal. It's arguably the riskier side, though. On the other hand, if you were to accept this deal I couldn't critique it in terms of value.

Hope this helped some ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby JaysFan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:17 pm

DO NOT DO THIS DEAL!!! You are afraid of the timeshare situation in SD but you're not at all concerned that Lagarette Blount has started eating into Martin's carries? DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT DO THIS DEAL!!!

Also, McGahee could lose the job to Hillman soon.

Help me??? viewtopic.php?t=524353
JaysFan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 26)

Postby hotpocket » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 pm

JaysFan wrote:DO NOT DO THIS DEAL!!! You are afraid of the timeshare situation in SD but you're not at all concerned that Lagarette Blount has started eating into Martin's carries? DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT DO THIS DEAL!!!

Also, McGahee could lose the job to Hillman soon.

Help me??? viewtopic.php?t=524353

How the hell do you figure that? McGahee seems like the clear cut starter to me.
hotpocket
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 12)

Postby techman5003 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:36 pm

If you are that worried about the time share, do this deal. Battle will fade just like he did in KC and Hunter will never start for you unless Gore gets hurt. This will give you three solid RB starters that will really make you crazy each week whether to pick a WR or RB for flex. Also, if you make the deal, law firm will never start except for bye week or injury.

One word of caution though. Be aware that Blount got more touches last week so you may be walking into another time share. Plus, Matthews is a better talent than McGahee or Martin. You may be giving up too soon.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=524355
techman5003
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 167)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions