Who should I start? QB nightmare!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Who should I start? QB nightmare!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who should I start? QB nightmare!!!

Postby asdtech153 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:34 pm

I'm in a standard ESPN league (1QB, 2 WR & RB, 1 flex (RB/WR), 1 TE, 1 DEF/S, 1 K)

I have both Drew Brees & RG 3 (facing SD & ATL respectively) and I have no idea who to start X-I !

Also I'm starting M. Colston (NO vs ATL), T. Smith (BAL vs KC), and J. Jones flex (ATL vs NO). Over W. Welker (NE), S. Smith (CAR), and P. Garcon (WSH) but i have a naggy feeling that this will go badly, any help here would be appreciated as well!

Thanks in advance guys!
asdtech153
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who should I start? QB nightmare!!!

Postby NoCandle » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:12 pm

RG3 he gets rush yards and pass yards
NoCandle
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 27)

Postby concon2965 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:16 pm

i think you are spot on starting your wrs. I would probably start drew brees if it is a 6 point passing td league. if it is a 4 point passing td league then i would have to go with rg3 because of the designed run plays that they have for him. hope this helps
concon2965
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby asdtech153 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:15 am

Its a 4 point passing TD league. Now my only hesitancy about not starting Brees is that
A) at home with colston back on track & the run game derailed
B) the whole Joe Namath record dealeo & they'll (again) be throwing like no other
C) its vs SD where Brees normally does good

then again with RG3
A) he runs like he stole something
B) he's wash's red zone RB
3) he's damn consistant

GAHHHHHHH
asdtech153
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby concon2965 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:40 am

It is a nice spot to be in to having to decide which one of those elite fantasy players you should start. If I were in your position I would go with rg3 he has had no fewer then 8 rush attempts every game and has rushed for tds in 3 of the 4 games. In a 4 point league a rushing td is 1.5 passing tds plus add the rushing yards in and that would be like 2 passing tds right there I think both guys will end up with again the same amount of points.
concon2965
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 16FAC » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:57 am

I hope you plan on trading one of them after bye week! I would roll with Brees. Must win situation! Still being very productive! RGIII will get it done this weekend but I see them utilizing Morris a little more in attempts to keep RGIII fresh down the stretch! However your conundrum is really a coin toss!

please hit mine
viewtopic.php?t=524478
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

Postby asdtech153 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:29 pm

16FAC wrote:I hope you plan on trading one of them after bye week!

Oh god, thats an even bigger decision. I mean I need a solid #1 now that Forte & Bradshaw are working back. But still, rather then who do I start, it becomes who do i get rid of! Both are consistant & as long as RG3 runs & the NO run game fails, I really can't decide who to either start or part with
asdtech153
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby eaglesfan17 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:27 pm

ouch... i would go with brees
eaglesfan17
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby asdtech153 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:36 am

Okay, first of all, thanks to all those who helped me out. I went with my gut and put brees in yday morning. Holy crap was that a good idea (28 points v 3 from RG3 - 4 point passing TD, standard ESPN scoring league)

Now, I have another dilemma that I have no idea about.

First off NO has a bye for week 6, so no Brees. Second RG3 has a concussion and from my view has about a 25% chance of starting for week 6. Should I pick up a QB on waivers in exchange for a #2 RB like Doug Martin? (Fitz, Dalton, Luck, Ponder, Schaub are all available) Or should I gut it out and see what happens with RG3?

My roster as it stands, just so you know who i might be able to shuffle around and whatnot is as follows
QB - Brees, RG3
WR - Torrey Smith, Steve Smith, Pierre Garcon, Marques Colston (BEAST FOR WEEK 5), Julio Jones, Wes Welker
RB - Matt Forte, Ahmad Bradshaw, Alfred Morris, Darren McFadden, Doug Martin
TE - Vernon Davis
Def/S - Texans (need 1 point from them to win tomorrow)
K - Mason Crosby (soon to be replaced)

Thanks in advance, and feel free to post your questions up here too, I'm only in my first year of fantasy but I've followed the NFL for a dece bit so I'll help where I can ;-D
asdtech153
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:27 am

asdtech153 wrote:Okay, first of all, thanks to all those who helped me out. I went with my gut and put brees in yday morning. Holy crap was that a good idea (28 points v 3 from RG3 - 4 point passing TD, standard ESPN scoring league)

Now, I have another dilemma that I have no idea about.

First off NO has a bye for week 6, so no Brees. Second RG3 has a concussion and from my view has about a 25% chance of starting for week 6. Should I pick up a QB on waivers in exchange for a #2 RB like Doug Martin? (Fitz, Dalton, Luck, Ponder, Schaub are all available) Or should I gut it out and see what happens with RG3?

My roster as it stands, just so you know who i might be able to shuffle around and whatnot is as follows
QB - Brees, RG3
WR - Torrey Smith, Steve Smith, Pierre Garcon, Marques Colston (BEAST FOR WEEK 5), Julio Jones, Wes Welker
RB - Matt Forte, Ahmad Bradshaw, Alfred Morris, Darren McFadden, Doug Martin
TE - Vernon Davis
Def/S - Texans (need 1 point from them to win tomorrow)
K - Mason Crosby (soon to be replaced)

Thanks in advance, and feel free to post your questions up here too, I'm only in my first year of fantasy but I've followed the NFL for a dece bit so I'll help where I can ;-D

Out of curiosity, how many teams in your league? I'm trying to figure out how your roster can possibly be so stacked and players like Andrew Luck are available on the wire. Either you are in a very small league or your competition is not too smart. Seriously though, good team there. Is it an 8 team league? Auction or draft? If draft what players in what rounds? If auction how much per player? You don't have to tell me, but I'm dying to know how this studly team came to be.

First off, here's what I know about the RG3 injury: He has a concussion. I am a 'skins fan and I saw the hit RG3 took many times. It was pretty nasty and he was out cold. They said he could not remember what quarter of the game it was when he came to. Normally when a guy gets a concussion there is a pretty good chance he misses a week or two.

A bit more on the RG3 injury: This is actually his second concussion in the past year as he had one in November of last year at Baylor. He tweeted today that he feels good and thinks he will play, but that will be up to the doctors. I would be surprised if they let him go this week. The league is very cautious with these things nowadays, and I suspect the 'skins will be cautious with the franchise QB as well.

Given all that, I would say you need a quarterback to fill-in for you next week. Only one problem: No way I would release anybody on your roster. I just cannot get over how good your team is.

If you do decide to pick up a QB (and I'm not sure you should), please don't drop Doug Martin. If I absolutely had to drop somebody from that team it would be one of the WRs (probably Garcon, although I really like Garcon's upside and would hate to do it, he simply has not done anything noteworthy since week 1). I'd pick up either Schaub or Luck. Considering it is a one week fill-in you might not want Luck based on his match-up, but then again Luck has posted increasing fantasy numbers every week (in my league: 11 fp week 1, 19 fp week 2, 25 fp week 3, and 33 fp this week). Luck is trending in the right direction, although the Jets scare me. Schaub might be the safer play, but I'd go with Luck if for no other reason then the potential rushing touchdowns.
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Next