Who should I start? QB nightmare!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Who should I start? QB nightmare!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Who should I start? QB nightmare!!!

Postby asdtech153 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:06 pm

Its a tiny league (6 teams, we're all college friends), was sadly auto-drafted, and 3 of the teams honestly are trying to find their way to the bottom of the league. Trust me, if this team wasn't auto-drafted it would have been much, much, much better (like not taking Chris Johnson in the first round)

The major reason I thought about putting Martin out on wires is because my opponents in the league probably wouldn't grab him and he'd stay on the waiver wire for a week. My competition in this league looks at projections from ESPN rather than match ups or really anything smart lol. Week 3 actually saw one teams ENTIRE line of starters get beaten by 1 player (Jamaal Charles) off his bench.

And my auto-draft order, as requested is as follows
1) Chris Johnson
2) Drew Brees
3) Matt Forte
4) Wes Welker
5) Darren McFadden
6) Julio Jones
7) Ahmad Bradshaw
8) Vernon Davis
9) Stevan Ridley (I sadly dropped him, only to have him score 25 points against ME. Karma's a well, you know)
10) Doug Martin
11) Roy Helu
12) Pierre Garcon
13) Torrey Smith
14) Eagles D
15) Mason Crosby

If you do decide to pick up a QB (and I'm not sure you should), please don't drop Doug Martin. If I absolutely had to drop somebody from that team it would be one of the WRs (probably Garcon, although I really like Garcon's upside and would hate to do it, he simply has not done anything noteworthy since week 1). I'd pick up either Schaub or Luck. Considering it is a one week fill-in you might not want Luck based on his match-up, but then again Luck has posted increasing fantasy numbers every week (in my league: 11 fp week 1, 19 fp week 2, 25 fp week 3, and 33 fp this week). Luck is trending in the right direction, although the Jets scare me. Schaub might be the safer play, but I'd go with Luck if for no other reason then the potential rushing touchdowns.

I might have to pick up a QB just because the other teams are also packed with studs cuz of the league size. And like you said, luck is trending in the right direction. I think I will grab who ever does play better this week (Schaub still hasn't played atm) just because its HOU v GB next week and IND v NYJ which are both crappy match-ups. Or hey, I might just jump on the band wagon and pick up Ponder vs the redskins. Still would love more advice or opinions if anyone has some.

Thanks in advance and of course WHIR
asdtech153
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who should I start? QB nightmare!!!

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Ah, the six team league explains the stacked team. The computer did you well on the auto-draft it looks like, except for the Chris Johnson thing. I do like your team though.

In a league that small there is likely to be a lot of good players on the wire, so adding one more to the pile probably won't hurt. I still thiknk I would rather release a WR than a RB, but that is your call.

Ponder is an interesting option against Washington, as every QB the 'skins have played this season has been good. The 'skins secondry has struggled a lot, although they did look a little better against ATL this week. If you are trying to play the match-up for the week, Ponder might be a good play.

I still like Luck a lot because of how he has continued to improve each week, and also because he is likely to pad his numbers with rushing yards and a possible rushing TD.
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Previous