Trade Mcfadden? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Trade Mcfadden?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Mcfadden?

Postby dmax24dc » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:40 pm

In one of my leagues my RB's are Mcfadden, MJD, Jackie Battle and Andre Brown. I have no depth at this position and usually have to start a WR (Roddy White, Brandon Marshall, Pierre Garcon and Denarius Moore) at my flex option.

- There is a team in my league that is stacked at the RB position. They have Ray Rice, Marshawn Lynch, Rashard Mendenhall, Mikel Leshoure, Cedric Benson, and Shonne Greene.

- Should I Propose a trade, and who would I be able to get in return?

In addition, I have another team where I am weak at my RB depth. I have Matt Forte, Marshawn Lynch, and Jackie Battle. I have Flacco right now as my backup QB for Brees. I proposed trades to two teams with weak quarterbacks but plenty of RB's. Flacco for Darren Sproles, and Flacco for Doug Martin were each denied. These are my options:

-Sproles trade was countered with me giving up Dwayne Bowe for Sproles. My current WR's are Bowe, Marshall, Steve Johnson, and Nate Washington. Should I accept this trade?

- My 2nd option is to try trading Flacco for Ryan Williams, but I would like I would not be getting enough value for Flacco.

- 3rd option is to trade Brees and start Flacco. What kind of value at the RB position would I be able to get in return.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
dmax24dc
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Mcfadden?

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:49 am

As a general rule, running backs are worth more than the other positions. Usually if you want a good running back you have to give up an even better WR or QB to get him.

Your first league is interesting because your opponent is probably weak at WR with all those RBs. You might be able to trade Marshall for a quality running back here, I could see a trade like Marshall for Benson working out for both teams, however I would be inclined to stand pat with the team you have, as you are not exactly deep at WR either. I'm usually looking to trade players only when I am deep enough at a position that I have good players on the bench every week.

The league where you have Flacco and Brees is more interesting because you have a really good player on the bench every week. You might get better offers for Brees than Flacco, and I actually don't think Brees is that much better this year, so that is something you might consider.

As to the other options:

-Do not under any circumstances trade away a valuable player for Ryan Williams. The Cardinals offensive line is putrid, and therefore so is their running offense. They are one of the worst teams in the league in terms of rushing yards.

-Sproles for Bowe sounds like a fair trade, especially if your league is PPR, and even more so if you get credit for return yardage. If you are hard up for a running back I could see making this trade. I would hesitate though, only because Bowe is one of the most targeted receivers in the league, and I would really hate to give him up. I would make the trade only if you get PPR and return yardage points and are desperate for RB help, otherwise I would have to stick with Bowe who is a top 10 WR at this point.
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Beginner's Forum