Sell Julio JOnes? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Sell Julio JOnes?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Sell Julio JOnes?

Postby rasto21585 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Mean One wrote:Neither of those trade proposals help you in the long run. Besides, you don't have the depth at RB to trade away a RB while giving up Julio as well. Lynch currently leads the NFL in rushing but his age and past injuries are liable to catch up to him before the year is out. If you intend to trade away Julio I would keep the RB's you have presently and ask for another RB in return. Otherwise stay put.

Post the other owners roster. This will help in determining if a decent deal can be agreed upon between you two.

If you can help that would be awesome. Anyway the other team's roster is below.

qb tom brady
wr reggie wayne
wr wes welker
wr randall cobb
rb marshawn lynch
rb ahmad bradshaw
te antonio gates
bn titus young
bn daryl richardson
bn cedric benson
bn rashard jennings
bn randy moss
bn brandon jacobs
bn tim tebow

k stephen gosthowski

def minn
rasto21585
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mean One » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:21 pm

Looking over his roster I would keep Jones for now. The only thing he has in common with your roster is Bradshaw to your Andre Brown, and either scenario of you acquiring Bradshaw or giving away Brown is not worth the loss of Jones in any deal as well. You do need RB depth (or pray that Bradshaw gets hurt again, which is a given), but swapping starting RB's in the original deal does not help you at this time if you have to give up Jones and take one of his aging wideouts in return. I would stay put for now and seek RB depth from another team.
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby rasto21585 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Mean One wrote:Looking over his roster I would keep Jones for now. The only thing he has in common with your roster is Bradshaw to your Andre Brown, and either scenario of you acquiring Bradshaw or giving away Brown is not worth the loss of Jones in any deal as well. You do need RB depth (or pray that Bradshaw gets hurt again, which is a given), but swapping starting RB's in the original deal does not help you at this time if you have to give up Jones and take one of his aging wideouts in return. I would stay put for now and seek RB depth from another team.

Do I still stand pat after Wayne's monster game today?
rasto21585
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wtr23 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:22 pm

i'll take old age (aka experience) any day. Wayne has been a beast this year, in my league he averages 31.9 FPG vs Julio's 20.5. I don't care how old Wayne is, he has outperformed Jones by a wide margin and I believe he will continue to do so this year. He is the best option in Indy right now, While Atlanta rotates between 3 guys (Sometimes it's Julio, sometimes it's White or Gonzalez).

Consistency is key, and Wayne has put up great numbers so far. He has helped me get to 5-0 and first place in my league, and I can rely on him to get at least 20 points a week. Not many will agree with me, but I like this trade for you. Yes, it would be great to have both, but that is not realistic. Take beast mode and Wayne for Julio and Mathews, and don't look back ;-D
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions