Trade Advice for a Bears Fan - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Advice for a Bears Fan

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Advice for a Bears Fan

Postby rmondo99 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:53 am

I have been offered Welker and Forte for Brandon Marshall and Ridley. Would you take it? It is a half point PPR league.

Other RB and WR's I have are Deangelo Williams, Green-Ellis, Michael Turner, Jackie Battle, Torrey Smith, Colston, Amendola, and Garcon. We only start two RB's and 3 WR's, no flex.
rmondo99
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Advice for a Bears Fan

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:59 am

Im a fellow Bears fan and i just traded away Brandon Marshall (him and Spiller for McFadden) so i know the feeling!! I decided i wanted to stop rooting for individual players during the Bear games and just root for the team, but you would be getting a Bear back so that doesnt much matter.

If i were you i wouldnt do this trade though. Forte is great but getting hurt after coming off an injury is a little concern, as well as them bringing in Bush and Marshall to take the load off of Forte. Welker is looking good right now but we dont know how that situation will shake out when Hernandez comes back from his injury next week. You would be trading away 2 rock solid starters for 2 guys with question marks, i pass.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby rmondo99 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:10 am

Thanks for the advice. I know what you mean. I had already won going into Monday night's game, and it was so nice not having to worry about what Marshall did.

I feel like four weeks ago this trade would have been a no brainer. Ridley has been good, except for if the Pats fall behind and are passing a lot. And they have a lot of RB's on that team. Forte has been hurt, and he does not get the goal line carries. At least Ridley gets in the end zone.

I am leaning towards passing on this, or just trying to negotiate a little more.
rmondo99
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:13 am

Yeah Monday night the Bears D killed me, bitter sweet game haha. Would he do like a Colston and BJGE after Colston's big game?? I would try and sell high on Colston or Torrey Smith paired with one of your mid range RBs in a 2 for 1 for Forte.

If you get a chance i could use some advice too :)
viewtopic.php?t=524446
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions