What to do at RB2? Please help, ** WHIR ** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

What to do at RB2? Please help, ** WHIR **

Moderator: Football Moderators

What to do at RB2? Please help, ** WHIR **

Postby rmsanger » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:05 am

So this is a 10 team league 0.5 PPR, all else standard scoring. I'm 2-2 and need a key win against a fellow 2-2 team in my division. A loss here could make it hard for me to make the playoffs as we have a 4-0 team and it would be hard to recover the game + tiebreaker if I get a loss!

So we start 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 W/R/T, 1TE, 1 K, 3 IDP

I'm starting:
QB - Vick
RBs - Arian Foster, Tate
WRs - Roddy White, Percy Harvin
TEs - Celek
Flex - Mike Wallace
3 IDP + Kicker

So on my bench I have Wayne, Romo, Hernandez, DMC. My plan was to hold onto Celek 1 more week until Hernandez is healthy and then pickup another RB. As of now Foster is a must start but I'm feeling very iffy @ RB2 with Tate as he's banged up and hasn't been getting a consistent amount of work.

So on waivers I could drop someone and pickup Jstew, Draughn, Woodhead, Battle, Hillman. None are very good options so maybe Tate is a wash. Plus whomever I drop most likely I won't get back from waivers. So if I drop Tate I lose my key handcuff to Foster.

Any input on this would be appreciated!

** Please leave you link, WHIR **
rmsanger
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What to do at RB2? Please help, ** WHIR **

Postby Pl3onner » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:53 am

Damn very tough. I'd drop Tate and pick up battle. It's worth the risk if he's going to keep getting goal line looks. Tate's a nice handcuff, but didn't I read that he was a bit injured? Once you get DMC back, you'll never get a chance to start Tate with those receivers able to fill your flex, and he has the same bye week as foster (obviously). No use in taking a risk at losing this big game for a player that's only real value as a confident start comes if Foster gets injured.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=524468
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Senator Blutarsky » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:16 am

I Agree with last poster. it's tough for sure. only other thought is can you trade Tate or a receiver for real value ,not just WW leftovers?... Good luck!
Senator Blutarsky
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby rmsanger » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:23 am

It will be tough to get a deal done now as most trades are worked out over lunch during the league (Coworker FF league)...

I'm figuring at this point it's WW or bust. I understand with the last poster on Battle as potentially his value this week in helping to win could / would be greater than whatever Tate gives me all season. My fear is that if Foster goes down then Tate is automatically top 10 and has a shot at top 5 back. In that case I dropped him for Jackie Battle and feel like an ass.

Any more thoughts on this move would be very helpful and much appreciated!
rmsanger
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 16FAC » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:48 am

This may be the last week to chase Battle for two reasons.
1. he may get massively out produced by Mathews and Mathews might regain the entire RB slot this weekend.
2. Mathews fumbles again and some else scoops Battle up!

Dropping Tate is a dangerous thing to do considering Kubiak wants to run him into the ground so he might end up taped up!
Your situation is tuff, Maybe Houston goes up big early and tate provides relief in the late 3rd and 4th quarter but I don't know if you can afford that type of speculation! You could wait until Sat. night to drop Tate and then immediately put a waiver claim in on him on Monday morn.
I'd drop Tate and grab Battle if I had to have a win....hope it helps!

please hit mine
viewtopic.php?t=524478
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

Postby rmsanger » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:33 am

Bump... Any input on the Tate vs. Battle for this week and what to do? Again I think Battle may help provide an extra +5-10 pts this week over Tate which could make the difference on getting a W.

On the flip side if I drop Tate I will lose him permanently and then lose my handcuff to Foster. Tate has potential top 10 to top 5 ability if and when Foster goes down. We all know the RB position can change from week to week (e.g. Spiller vs. Jackson).

I will have to make the move tonight/early tomorrow morning so any last input or opinions will help my decision!
rmsanger
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby NoCandle » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:21 am

Thanks for your help on mine!

I would go after Battle because the Saints defense is horrible against the run this year. I think San Diego going to run a lot more than usual so you can expect Matthews and Battle to rack up the points. Tates not going to do much this week and Battle will do more. Go add Battle.
NoCandle
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 27)

Postby howdy1901 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:42 am

I have Tate also and am surprised he didn't get garbage time last week, I guess the toe issue is bigger then I thought. I wouldn't pick up Battle, just a matter of time untill Matthews is back to #1. Hold on to Tate another week, if he doesn't get touches at the Jets he never will.

Help me
viewtopic.php?t=524621
howdy1901
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)

Postby tantrix1969 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:01 am

you've gotten into a tough situation for sure, with your need to have to win this game I think you have to gamble and pick up Battle. Only other option I see besides going with a banged up Tate is hoping Hernandez plays(listed as questionable at the moment) and drop Celek
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby indyindian » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:06 am

I still have Tate only as a mere handcuff, but you want to win, I'd pick up Battle. Last year was crucial to have Tate since Foster lacked the "awesomeness" the first few weeks. At this point, I'd drop Tate. Also once Hernandez is healthy, drop Celek & pick up a TE just for the bye.

Good luck!
indyindian
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench