Dying here. BJGE, Mendenhall, or Battle... WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Dying here. BJGE, Mendenhall, or Battle... WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dying here. BJGE, Mendenhall, or Battle... WHIR

Postby Huntyadown » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:38 pm

So as you can see, my RB options are thin this week. I have McCoy which is nice, and Doug Martin is on bye week.

So here I sit. A horrible matchup, an injured big name, and a guy who shouldn't be starting, but has actually put up decent numbers.

I'm leaning on starting Law Firm and just hoping he can put up a decent 8-12 points and I'll be happy. Mendenhall could come out shooting like AP did in his first game back.

Thoughts?
Huntyadown
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dying here. BJGE, Mendenhall, or Battle... WHIR

Postby 11stever11 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:40 pm

BJGE, he will get more touches then Mendy and Battle. Mendy is a risk because this is his first game back, and Battle has to split carries with Mathews.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby oden » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Wow this is tough. But I disagree with the above poster on playing BenJarvus... I don't think you can overstate how terrible this matchup is. See here: http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/footb ... ting121003

Rushing plays can go in one of five directions: Left (outside numbers), Left, Center, Right and Right (outside numbers). For the season, the Bengals have been most productive when running to the center or left, gaining 311 of their 440 total rushing yards in those two rush zones. This week, that becomes very problematic, as the Dolphins are clearly the best team in the NFL in defending those types of runs as they have only allowed 28 yards per game on runs to those areas.

As the Bengals' 311 yards in these rush areas are 30 percent more than the average team's rushes into these zones, it's not irresponsible to project them to over-perform compared to the Dolphins' previous opponents. However, even if you are super aggressive and project the Bengals to almost double the total yardage in these rush areas, the most optimistic projections for Green-Ellis should only project 70 total yards for this week. Based on these expectations, in order for you to want him as a starting running back this week, you'll have to be hoping for a rushing touchdown. The only player to score a rushing touchdown against the Dolphins this year is Arian Foster. Green-Ellis is no Foster, so beware.

I think playing BenJarvus is settling for a safe few points and nothing more. If it were me, I would:
First, take a chance on Mendenhall.
Second, Greene.
Third, Battle.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=524509
oden
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby thepsychic » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:10 pm

I can't trust Mendy yet, but I think he may have the highest ceilling. For guaranteed touches, I'd go with the Law Firm. I don't trust Battle with a healthy Mathews.

help: viewtopic.php?t=524482
thepsychic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Huntyadown » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks for the input. I am going to start Mendenhall. We shall see.
Huntyadown
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 18)

Postby gregtucker87 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:50 pm

I would say Mendenhall here but no one knows how he's gonna look out there. And yes Battle has had some good games but I think with Mathews back those days are over for now. So im going to say BJGE this one. No its not a great matchup but its the right way to go and hope he can get a goalline carry in the endzone.

Good luck, help mine? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=524499
10Man Standard Scoring
QB-MATT RYAN
RB-ADRIAN PETERSON, Fred Jackson, Reggie Bush, Chris Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Ahmad Bradshaw
WR-CALVIN JOHNSON, MIKE WALLACE, Roddy White, Denarius Moore
TE-VERNON DAVIS, Owen Daniels
K-Shayne Graham
DEF-HOU
gregtucker87
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Return to Who to Start/Bench