*URGENT* NEED SOME ADVICE ON THIS BLOCKBUSTER DEAL?? WHIR!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

*URGENT* NEED SOME ADVICE ON THIS BLOCKBUSTER DEAL?? WHIR!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

*URGENT* NEED SOME ADVICE ON THIS BLOCKBUSTER DEAL?? WHIR!!!

Postby bigdogg712 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:12 pm

I have been offered 2 trades:

Trade 1
Give:
Colston
Charles
Demaryous thomas

Get:
Murray
Romo
Megatron

Trade 2
Give:
Colston
Thomas

Get;
Murray
Romo

Should I take either of these? I am 1-3 right now, and if you're not trading, you're not trying. We are from Detroit, so we all like the Lions, so Calvin has a TON of name value in my league. SO much that he was picked 5th: before MJD, Brady, and Brees. If you don't think I should take either deal, can you help me come up with a counter offer?

My team:
QB: Rivers
RB: Foster
RB: Charles
WR: Demaryous Thomas
WR: Julio Jones
TE: Pitta
RB/WR: Lloyd
DST: Cardinals
K: Hanson

BN: Greg Jennings
BN: Britt
BN: Ingram
BN: Andre Roberts
BN: Marques Colston
BN: Ryan Williams
BN: Tamme

His Team:
QB: RG3
RB: Forte
RB: Donald Brown
WR: DeSean Jackson
WR: Jerome Simpson
TE: Davis
DST: Texans
K: Gould

BN: Calvin Johnson
BN: Murray
BN: Romo
BN: Cutler
BN: Cook
BN: Denarious Moore
BN: Mike Williams TB

10 team, no ppr.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: *URGENT* NEED SOME ADVICE ON THIS BLOCKBUSTER DEAL?? WHI

Postby NoCandle » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:06 pm

I would do trade 2 because Charles is playing so good right now and you dont have that great of depth at running back. All though your losing two good receivers, you have great depth at receiver. You get a good running back in Murray. Hes just impressed me this whole year and the way Romo threw last week. Murray is going to be running more and more. Its a great trade for you.

Heres my link: viewtopic.php?t=524479
NoCandle
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 27)

Postby bigdogg712 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:52 am

NoCandle wrote:I would do trade 2 because Charles is playing so good right now and you dont have that great of depth at running back. All though your losing two good receivers, you have great depth at receiver. You get a good running back in Murray. Hes just impressed me this whole year and the way Romo threw last week. Murray is going to be running more and more. Its a great trade for you.

Heres my link: viewtopic.php?t=524479

I don't think murray has been very good at all this year. IS there a counter offer that you think i should pursue? I like the idea of getting murray for my flex RB, but I think D. THomas will be better in the long run and then I'm just giving colston!
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mean One » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:22 am

I wouldn't do either of those trades as is. Unless you want to acquire Megatron your team is not as bad on paper as your current win/loss record reflects. Some of your players haven't been playing to their potential but are starting to rebound nicely. You could use a good backup QB and Romo would be a nice addition along with Megatron if the timing was right. But with Megatron on a BYE this week, and the other owner wanting at least 2 of your wideouts in return, you would be hard-pressed to field a capable lineup this week with the players you currently have on your bench.

I would wait one week till Detroit comes off their BYE, then look to deal for Megatron. I would definitely go after both Romo and Megatron but don't give up any of your RB's in return.

And the thing about RB Murray - he only performs well when he is facing a D/ST that is not rated in the top 10-12 as a complete defense going back to last year. :-°
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby bigdogg712 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:04 am

Mean One wrote:I wouldn't do either of those trades as is. Unless you want to acquire Megatron your team is not as bad on paper as your current win/loss record reflects. Some of your players haven't been playing to their potential but are starting to rebound nicely. You could use a good backup QB and Romo would be a nice addition along with Megatron if the timing was right. But with Megatron on a BYE this week, and the other owner wanting at least 2 of your wideouts in return, you would be hard-pressed to field a capable lineup this week with the players you currently have on your bench.

I would wait one week till Detroit comes off their BYE, then look to deal for Megatron. I would definitely go after both Romo and Megatron but don't give up any of your RB's in return.

And the thing about RB Murray - he only performs well when he is facing a D/ST that is not rated in the top 10-12 as a complete defense going back to last year. :-°

Agreed. He keeps telling me that he needs a running back. Im not sure what to do. I offered britt and colston for murray and romo. We'll see if he bites on that. Then, I can get murray not lose a starter this week when they're on a bye. But, I know RBs score more consistently than WRs in the FLEX, so does Murray become a MUST START in the flex every week?
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:12 am

Britt and Colston for Romo and Murray is a great trade for you IMO. Good not doing those deals, you are basically giving away too much.

It doesn't fit your needs at all. Maybe giving up Britt for Romo try that as well.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigdogg712 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:14 am

MadDog36 wrote:Britt and Colston for Romo and Murray is a great trade for you IMO. Good not doing those deals, you are basically giving away too much.

It doesn't fit your needs at all. Maybe giving up Britt for Romo try that as well.

I agree. I am 1-3, but probably should be. I need to do something though. I hate not doing anything. If I want to improve, I have to do something about it.
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mean One » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:41 am

bigdogg712 wrote:Agreed. He keeps telling me that he needs a running back. Im not sure what to do. I offered britt and colston for murray and romo. We'll see if he bites on that. Then, I can get murray not lose a starter this week when they're on a bye. But, I know RBs score more consistently than WRs in the FLEX, so does Murray become a MUST START in the flex every week?

Like Maddog posted above that would be a great trade for you but doubt he goes for it if he is in need of a RB (which he is) and Britt can't stay healthy long enough to contribute this season. Worth a try nonetheless.

As far as Murray being a must start . . . . if you acquire him you have to start him when the right matchup presents itself. On BYE weeks he is a must start.
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby bigdogg712 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:45 am

Mean One wrote:
bigdogg712 wrote:Agreed. He keeps telling me that he needs a running back. Im not sure what to do. I offered britt and colston for murray and romo. We'll see if he bites on that. Then, I can get murray not lose a starter this week when they're on a bye. But, I know RBs score more consistently than WRs in the FLEX, so does Murray become a MUST START in the flex every week?

Like Maddog posted above that would be a great trade for you but doubt he goes for it if he is in need of a RB (which he is) and Britt can't stay healthy long enough to contribute this season. Worth a try nonetheless.

As far as Murray being a must start . . . . if you acquire him you have to start him when the right matchup presents itself. On BYE weeks he is a must start.

Agreed. I know he need the RB help, but he offered Thomas and Colston for Murray and Romo. Im just switching Thomas for Britt. Also, Hanson is on a bye this week, but he is the best kicker in the league so far. Who should I drop for this week? I don't really want to drop Hanson, but I will if I have to.
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mean One » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:06 pm

bigdogg712 wrote:Agreed. I know he need the RB help, but he offered Thomas and Colston for Murray and Romo. Im just switching Thomas for Britt. Also, Hanson is on a bye this week, but he is the best kicker in the league so far. Who should I drop for this week? I don't really want to drop Hanson, but I will if I have to.

Gotcha. I would do the same as a counter. I didn't realize he offered you both Cowboys for Colston and Thomas.

As far as kickers . . . . I pick and choose over the course of a season. If my team is reliant on a kicker having a good game for me to win in any given week my team is in worse shape than originally thought. !+) Go with your gut and look at the matchups. ;-D
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions