Pick one! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Pick one! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pick one! WHIR

Postby iLoveTD's » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:07 am

Ten Team PPR league. I need to pick a Flex. I have Djax in right now, but am kind of leaning towards Washington now. Any input would be nice!!
MY options are-

Djax coming off strong week, but has Maclin back and a lot healthier and going up a well rested Steelers D that has their two best players back(Troy P and Harrison)

Nate Washington- Looks like no Kenny Britt, Hassleback throwing the ball. Has had two good weeks and two bad weeks, but has a good matchup this week againt MN's bad secondary

Donald Brown vs PAckers

Mendenhall vs Eagles
iLoveTD's
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pick one! WHIR

Postby TriniEagle » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:28 am

I'm an Eagles fan, go with Mendie against Philly.

Run defense has been poor and I am not hopeful about the game versus the Steelers at all.

DJax has a tough matchup and the Philly offense has not be very consistent.

I think the Colts are going to be behind quickly and the run is going to take a distant second place to the pass.

Vikings have put up good defensive stats so far actually they are 9th overall. Yes their rush defense is stronger but they have some good new personnel in the secondary. Also with the resurgence of CJ2K last week the Titans are going to be looking to him to carry that on.

So for me Mendie is the clear choice.

viewtopic.php?t=524581
TriniEagle Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby iLoveTD's » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:42 am

Really?? I kinda had Mendenhall on the back burner, at least for this week to see how he is used. Plus, I thought Philly had a pretty stout run D. They are only giving up like 60 something yards to opposing rb1's and like 1 rushing td. I like Mendie a lot going forward, but starting him now seems a bit risky. I was thinking Washington becausee he is a big play maker when given the chance and hes proved that with two big plays this year so far. I'm a big Vikes fan and yeah, we did a good job last week holding up Calvin, but the Lions also did us a big favor by pretty much dropping half the passes thrown(exaggeraated).
iLoveTD's
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)

Postby NoCandle » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:15 am

I would go with Donald Brown because the Colts are going to have to win the time of posession if they want to make it somewhat close. The running game is a good way to do this especially with a rookie quarterback. You cant be sure with Mendenhall coming off of an injury he could be really good or really bad. Jackson has a really tough match up and probably will be in double coverage. If you dont pick Brown, I would go with Washington hes a good player and will probably get the ball a lot with Britt out.

Sorry for grammar errors.
Heres my link: viewtopic.php?t=524618
NoCandle
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 27)

Return to Who to Start/Bench