Vincent Brown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vincent Brown

Moderator: Football Moderators

Vincent Brown

Postby da bears » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:39 am

Anyone stashing him or have any updates on his injury status? Feel like SD always picks up the passing game as the year goes on and Rivers really hasn't developed great chemistry with any of his current WR's (Floyd is alright but not on a V Jax level). Could be a solid late year buy if you ask me. Thoughts?
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Vincent Brown

Postby stomperrob » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:54 pm

Coach Norv Turner confirmed that WR Vincent Brown is "right on schedule" in his recovery from a fractured left ankle.
Brown was expected to miss at least eight weeks after undergoing surgery in mid-August. He's eligible to return from injured reserve in Week 7. Those in deeper leagues should think about adding Brown this week. The Chargers reportedly planned to "feature" him in their passing game before the injury. Oct 2 - 3:46 PM
Source: Michael Gehlken on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6535/vincent-brown

I think he has decent value when he returns, but it may take him a game or two to get back up to speed.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby beezer » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:17 pm

According to SI.com's Jim Trotter, the Chargers had planned to "feature" Vincent Brown (fractured ankle) in their passing game.Trotter spent nine years as a Chargers beat writer before moving to the national scene. He notes that Brown was already the team's best route runner and the only wide receiver who knew each of the three wideout positions. It's not a bad idea to poach Brown in Dynasty leagues while he's injured. The Chargers hope to have him back in action after Halloween. Aug 27 - 11:51 PMSource: SI.com

Chargers assigned WR Vincent Brown (ankle) the "designated for return" tag on injured reserve.Brown was a no-brainer choice for the Chargers. Players designated for return must spend at least six weeks on injured reserve, and Brown's injury comes with an eight-week timetable. Reportedly the best route runner and most versatile of Chargers wide receivers during training camp, Brown is worth stashing for a mid-season return in deeper leagues. It's also a good time to buy low in Dynasty formats. Sep 4 - 3:40 PMSource: Michael Gehlken on Twitter

I added him this week. Hoping he can give me a solid WR3 with upside over the last 5 to 6 weeks of fantasy season. A lot of writers are backing up the fact that he is the Chargers best WR. If you have room to stash, I recommend it.
14 team PPR

QB - Pryor
RB - L. Bell, Wilson, J. Bell, D. Brown
WR - AJ Green, D. Jackson, Amendola, M. Brown, DHB, Beasley, L. Moore
TE - H. Miller
K - Forbath
D - Chiefs, Bears
beezer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 119)

Postby moochman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:25 pm

I thought VB was a great sleeper this season. Haven't seen anything in the receiving corps so far to change that impression. Rivers will hit who is open and can catch. Brown should be a nice addition to rosters down the stretch. Barring those silly hammys that seem to bother players recovering from leg injuries.

Seriously, after falling for Meacham what more does Smith have to do to get fired in SD?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Return to Football Talk