Jacquizz Rodgers and Bilal Powell???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Jacquizz Rodgers and Bilal Powell????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jacquizz Rodgers and Bilal Powell????

Postby TilDaRiva » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:29 pm

I have two excellent RB's on my team, which are Arian Foster and MJD, but my backups are Jacquizz Rodgers and Bilal Powell. I'm goin to run into a situation starting next week, where MJD is goin to be on a bye and in week 8, Foster is goin to be on a bye as well. I have a decent WR's, but not very deep, due to injuries occuring. I have Hakeem Nicks (Injured), Antonio Brown, Demaryious Thomas, Kenny Britt (injured), and I had Santonio Holmes, but had drop him due to season ending injury, so I picked up Domenik Hixon. Should I consider trying to trade one or my receivers for a RB (if possible) or is Rodgers and/or Powell goin to pan out for me (and sooner rather than later)? Also, being that MJD is goin to be on a bye next week, if I weren't to get a trade accepted by week 6, should I start Rodgers or Powell?
TilDaRiva
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jacquizz Rodgers and Bilal Powell????

Postby Cuffs » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:41 pm

IMO, you play Rodgers when MJD or Foster sits, unless Powell gets named the starter officially. Powell is worth hanging on to, but the Jets offense is just too bad right now to play an RB that isn't the official starter.

Rodgers is in a good offense and used in the passing game a lot. You can't rely on him to get big numbers, but he has a chance any given week, and is pretty likely to get you 4. Not great, but with your stellar RBs you should try to hang onto them and your WRs and just see if good fortune gets you through those two bye weeks. This assumes you play in a 3 WR league. If so, you need that array of great WRs. There's a chance Britt could blow up next week or the week after, and at that point maybe you sell high on him and get another RB for Foster's week 8 bye, but otherwise keep your WRs.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions