Jake Locker- How long will he be out??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jake Locker- How long will he be out???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jake Locker- How long will he be out???

Postby TilDaRiva » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:21 pm

I'm in a league where we can start 2 QB's. My QB's are Matt Ryan and Josh Freeman. With Freeman on a bye, there was absolutely no QB's on the wire to take his place, until Locker went down. I picked up Matt Hasselback, but was curious how long Locker will be out. Matt Ryan's bye week is week 7. Does anyone think Locker will be out that long or should I just use Hasselback this week and drop him for Tebow (who I believe will be starting after this Monday). If Locker is going to be out thru week 7, I'm considering keeping Hasselback, just to use as my second QB for week 7, but if not, there will be no reason for me to keep him.
TilDaRiva
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jake Locker- How long will he be out???

Postby moochman » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:44 pm

It is probably too optimistic to have Locker back for week 7. though, if its at all possible, Hasslebeck doesn't looks like he has much left so they could rush Jake back.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:05 pm

Tennessee Titans wait on Jake Locker
11:06 PM, Nov 5, 2012
Written by
John Glennon
The Tennessean

Titans coach Mike Munchak said he would see how quarterback Jake Locker looks in practice this week before deciding whether the second-year pro will play against the Dolphins on Sunday.

Locker, who dislocated his non-throwing shoulder twice in the first four games and hasn’t played since Sept. 30, underwent his weekly MRI on Monday.

The Titans return to practice on Wednesday.

“Hypothetically if we got to Wednesday and we thought he was able to take the next step and take (game) reps, then it would be more of seeing how he did physically and mentally, getting ready for an actual game again,” Munchak said on Monday. “Then if we felt he was there, it would be the final step of, ‘Hey, listen, he’s ready to play.’ ”

The Titans (3-6) have gone 2-3 in Matt Hasselbeck’s starts. They have a bye next week, but Munchak said that wouldn’t be a factor in determining Locker’s status.

“I think he’d provide a spark if we were winning or losing,” he said. “That’s why he’s our starter. That’s why we always answer the question the same. When he’s healthy and we felt he’s ready to play, that we’d put him in there because he brings a different kind of spark than Matt does.”

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121 ... e%20Titans
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:56 am

Tennessee Titans to start Jake Locker vs. Miami Dolphins
4:11 PM, Nov 7, 2012
Written by Jim Wyatt
The Tennessean

Titans quarterback Jake Locker will return to the starting lineup on Sunday against the Dolphins unless he has a setback in practice this week, coach Mike Munchak said today.

Locker hasn't played since re-injuring his left (non-throwing) shoulder against the Texans on Sept. 30. The shoulder was dislocated twice in the first four games.

Locker was a full participant in today's practice, taking first-team reps for the first time in five weeks.

“I think I have said from the beginning, if we feel he is ready to play physically and mentally, he is our starting quarterback and he’ll start," Munchak said.

The Titans will monitor Locker and make sure he remains sharp and doesn't experience any unexpected soreness, but Munchak said the second-year pro had no issues in today's practice.

“He is very determined," Munchak said. “He has been ready mentally, and now it is a matter of going through the routine and see how that goes.”

con't...

more: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121 ... e%20Titans
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Return to Football Talk