Foster for Alfred Morris and Victor Cruz - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Foster for Alfred Morris and Victor Cruz

Moderator: Football Moderators

Foster for Alfred Morris and Victor Cruz

Postby hett2333 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:13 am

I'm really tempted trading Arian Foster for Morris and Cruz, but is it the right move to make? Currently my number 3 WR is either Sidney Rice, LaFell, or Kendall Wright. I really don't like any of them as my number 3, which is why im inclined to make the trade.

However, if Foster plays the entire season, is there any doubt he finishes as the top back? Looking at the last 3 years, the difference between the number one and six running back is about a 100 points.

If Foster finishes top two it's a horrible trade, but anything else and I should make the trade. Thoughts?
hett2333
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Foster for Alfred Morris and Victor Cruz

Postby Mean One » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:19 pm

No way I do this trade. You are actually giving away a top #1 RB for an upgrade at your #3 WR slot. I would keep Foster and look to make a 2-1 trade to upgrade your WR core instead.
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Foster for Alfred Morris and Victor Cruz

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:17 am

i still like Foster better, however, this trade is not as bad as some might think
even if Foster finished with 100pts more than Morris at end of the year, Cruz will probably finish with 100pts more than your current WR3 anyway
therefore, your total points gained every week is probably still the same or better.

advantage of splitting Foster into 2 player is that you are not relying on Foster alone, just like the old saying "don't put all your eggs in one basket", and your bye week schedule is more manageable.

disadvantage is that you are losing most likely top 3 and possibly the best RB in the league.
RGIII injury affect Morris + i don't like any RBs from WAS in fantasy football
Hakeem Nicks' come back will affect Cruz

see if you can squeeze something more out of this trade
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions