Buy Low on RGIII? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Buy Low on RGIII?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Buy Low on RGIII?

Postby big.d57 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:40 pm

Started Dalton this week...was disappointed, had a shot at Luck but picked Dalton instead and now Luck is on another team !+) Perhaps I'm just scared that Stafford will continue to struggle but should I buy low on RGIII? The guy who owns him has 4 QB's and actually benched RGIII and Newton this week for Schaub and Alex Smith and somehow was dead on....He's pretty weak at RB with only MJD, Doug Martin, Mark Ingram, and Chris Johnson. Should I shoot him an offer or just stay put...

QB-Tom Brady
QB-Matthew Stafford
WR-Brandon Marshall
WR-Miles Austin
WR-Reggie Wayne
RB-Trent Richardson
RB-Darren McFadden
TE-Tony Gonzalez
W/R-Jamaal Charles
Bench- Stevan Ridley
Bench-Andy Dalton
Bench- Antonio Brown
Bench-Dez Bryant
Bench-Rashard Mendenhall
big.d57
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Buy Low on RGIII?

Postby wtr23 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:29 am

I like your roster as is, but If you really want RGIII I think you could give Stafford and Ridley/Richardson. Ridley has had back to back solid games, but as soon as Hernandez comes back he won't do anyone any good. The pats will get back into the 2 TE attack and the running game will diminish, so its best to deal him while he's hot.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 237)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JoshKnows46 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:53 am

I like your team as is, i think stafford will start doing better, expecially when best comes back in a few weeks..but i wouldnt mind you trading away ridley/stafford for rg3, cus you have plenty rb depth. i'd probable give that a try, but if it doesnt work, i'd ride out with stafford. good luck
I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby Indibuck » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:38 am

It never hurts to send out a feeler to see if you can acquire him on the cheap.

That being said, I agree with the others that I like your roster as-is, and I am afraid you would need to give up too much for a guy that will be injury-prone, just due to the way he plays the game... his concussion Sunday, while unfortunate, serves as an example of this.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:29 am

Indibuck wrote:It never hurts to send out a feeler to see if you can acquire him on the cheap.

That being said, I agree with the others that I like your roster as-is, and I am afraid you would need to give up too much for a guy that will be injury-prone, just due to the way he plays the game... his concussion Sunday, while unfortunate, serves as an example of this.

This. Id rather have Stafford honestly.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby big.d57 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:55 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:
Indibuck wrote:It never hurts to send out a feeler to see if you can acquire him on the cheap.

This. Id rather have Stafford honestly.

Thanks for the help everyone, I think i'll send out a few feeler offers but if nothing works out i'll just stay put.
big.d57
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions