Failed Waiver Claim Issue - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Failed Waiver Claim Issue

Moderator: Football Moderators

Failed Waiver Claim Issue

Postby mjedwards409 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:00 am

So someone in my league dropped Antonio Gates. (Why? I have no clue) But he dropped him on Friday, so I put a claim in. The waiver period ended this morning for Gates, and I realized I didn't get him. I was #3 priority, and someone outside the top 3 got him.

I looked into it, and I realize I couldn't drop him because all of my guys played yesterday. (I have no one on the Texans or Jets, and no one on BYE) So basically all of my guys were locked, even if they were on the bench. I would have had no shot at getting Gates, even with a #1 priority unless I had picked up a Free Agent that was on BYE just to be able to drop. (And I was trying to drop someone from my bench.) Is this the norm or is this something weird on Foxsports.com fantasy? Is this anything that I should even consider asking for a manual adjustment?
mjedwards409
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Failed Waiver Claim Issue

Postby spodog » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:06 pm

It is NOT the norm. Have never participated in a league on foxsports.com, but I assume it is free, and apparently you get what you pay for.

Move your league to a real league management system and this problem goes away.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Failed Waiver Claim Issue

Postby bounce » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:53 pm

Never heard of that. In my league, all players lock from their kickoff until Wednesday morning, which I think is the default yahoo setting.
bounce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Commissioner's Corner