Should I trade Morris/Martin for Rice? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Should I trade Morris/Martin for Rice? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I trade Morris/Martin for Rice? WHIR

Postby Zethos82 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Should I trade Morris and Martin for Ray Rice? Something to keep in mind that the other owner is a major skins fan. I also have WR depth that I could give with or instead of Martin.

Thanks for the help.

My Roster:

QB: Rivers
RB: McCoy
RB: Morris
WR: Fitzgerald
WR: Colston
TE: Davis
Flex: M. Wallace
K: Gostkowski
Def: Jets

BN: Nicks
BN: Benson
BN: D. Martin
BN: Amendola
BN: Crabtree
BN: D. Moore
Zethos82
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should I trade Morris/Martin for Rice? WHIR

Postby Zethos82 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:45 pm

Anybody? WHIR
Zethos82
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Seibs » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:51 pm

It doesn't seem like a bad trade to me... Considering that you're currently starting a WR at Flex, if you continue to do that (I'm not sure if that's what you've been doing up until now or not) then you'll only really ever start one of Morris/Martin and never both of them. If you do trade for Rice you'll have two stud RB's, but then you need to worry about having a backup. With Morris/Martin you're assured of some good backup for bye weeks and in the case of injuries, but with Rice you need to worry about spreading yourself thin. I'm not an expert, but that's probably something that I would do if I were you. I think that Rice is underprojected, but even taking into consideration that you're limiting yourself in terms of flexibility you've still got two stud RB's. It wouldn't be hard to turn around and trade one of them if you find that you desperately need some flexibility.

If you have the time: viewtopic.php?t=524926
Seibs
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 22)

Postby bunnnnny » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:55 pm

Absolutely. All you're doing to your starters is swapping Morris for Rice.
bunnnnny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby hotpocket » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:56 pm

I'm not high on Martin, although Morris looks to be a legit fantasy RB. Washington is committed to running the ball, so he will continue to get his touches, meanwhile Baltimore has changed their offense a little, increasing the passing game. Rice is still their bread and butter though.

You do give up some depth, but I think if you get the chance to get Rice without giving up the farm, you go for it.

help? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=524929
hotpocket
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 12)

Postby Hags888 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:58 pm

I don't like it. You only have 4 RB as it is, and making this trade leaves you with only 2...and the 3rd is a banged up Benson. Ewww. While sure, your two starters would both be elite, you're setting yourself up for failure should one of them go down. Also, Morris is performing at an elite level right now anyway...no reason to ship him off just yet! Sure, he's a Shanahan RB, and I get that...but ride the Morris wave while it's still hot! Doug Martin is necessary insurance for you IMO.

I'd be looking to ship out some of the WR depth you've got. Once Nicks is healthy, you'll have more WR than you can start. And why no backup QB?

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=524925
SKOL VIKINGS!
Hags888
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions