Trade Bush and Harvin For Trent and Austin! WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Bush and Harvin For Trent and Austin! WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Bush and Harvin For Trent and Austin! WHIR 100%

Postby Happy Homer » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:15 pm

14 team standard non-ppr money league. I'm one of those managers that is always thinking about the next deal, and how to further improve my team, I'm never ok with standing pat, even though I have a solid squad, so I need your help here guys. Should I trade Reggie Bush and Percy Harvin for MJD and Hakeem Nicks? My RBs are DMC who hasn't given me much this year, and Reggie Bush who has big games but is injury prone and not super consistent. I don't want to sell DMC low and hope he can bounce back and live up to his potential, so I'm considering trading Bush. I don't want to make a trade to get marginally better, I want a clear upgrade at RB, however I'm also realistic and know I don't have enough to get Foster, Rice or McCoy. Who would you guys consider to be a clear upgrade over Bush? MJD? Trent Richardson? DeMarco Murray? I am stacked at all 3 WR positions, but in a league with a flex, it never hurts to have 3 RB, so I would be ok with trading a WR to get a RB, but it has to be a clear upgrade and most rosters are thin on RB in a 14 man league. I think the position I should target would be upgrading RB, but defense is also another consideration. Let me know your thoughts and leave a link, will definitely help in return, thanks!

Thinking of proposing...

My:
Reggie Bush
Percy Harvin

Their:
MJD
Hakeem Nicks

My Squad:
QB - Matt Ryan
RB - DMC
RB - Reggie Bush
WR - Julio Jones
WR - AJ Green
RB/WR Flex - Percy Harvin
TE - Aaron Hernandez
Defense - Eagles
Kicker - Lawrence Tynes

Bench - Kendall Hunter
Bench - Jacquizz Rodgers
Bench - Dennis Pitta
Bench - Christian Ponder
Bench - Titus Young
Bench - Falcons
Bench - Dan Bailey
Last edited by Happy Homer on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Homer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Bush and Harvin for MJD and Nicks? Help! WHIR 100%

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:57 pm

RBs i would consider an upgrade from Reggie Bush are AP, T.Richardson, D.Murray, MJD, Gore, Lynch and J.Charles in no specific order
possible upgrade is A.Morris

but those RBs mentioned are hard to land when you want a WR like Nicks to come with the trade.
the problem with trying to get MJD and Nicks is that the owner of those player is expecting a bounce back from them just like how you expect DMC to bounce back, therefore, they are not going to sell low if they are any decent in manage their team, unless they are 0-5 or 1-4 and really need a change by get rid of injury Nicks for week 6 victory.

you can try get Chris Johnson and Fred Jackson for cheap and hope for the best, like lottery
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 234)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby big.d57 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:00 am

Chaoyi Shih wrote:RBs i would consider an upgrade from Reggie Bush are AP, T.Richardson, D.Murray, MJD, Gore, Lynch and J.Charles in no specific order
possible upgrade is A.Morris

but those RBs mentioned are hard to land when you want a WR like Nicks to come with the trade.
the problem with trying to get MJD and Nicks is that the owner of those player is expecting a bounce back from them just like how you expect DMC to bounce back, therefore, they are not going to sell low if they are any decent in manage their team, unless they are 0-5 or 1-4 and really need a change by get rid of injury Nicks for week 6 victory.

you can try get Chris Johnson and Fred Jackson for cheap and hope for the best, like lottery

;-D If you can get MJD and Nicks then that would be a best case scenario. But just like Shih said they're waiting for a bounce back like you. Keep DMC, he's got an easier schedule coming up.
big.d57
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Happy Homer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:55 pm

I threw in Pitta to the MJD and Nicks offer because the other team looks like they can use TE help. What do you guys think about these other offers? I'm planning on throwing them all out there to see if I can get any bites. Basically an upgrade at RB and downgrade at WR which I think seems fair. Thanks in advance!

Give:
Reggie Bush, Percy Harvin

Receive:
A. Trent Richardson, Miles Austin
B. Marshawn Lynch, Marques Colston
C. Jamal Charles, Brandon Lloyd
Happy Homer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:32 am

all three will be decent trade for you since you obviously receive an upgrade on RBs but stay even on WR
congratz if any of those trade got accepted, however, the problem is that Harvin/Austin/Llyod/Colston are all very close and as season goes it can go either way, i personally like Colston and Austin more than Harvin.

A. upgrade on RB with slightly upgrade or stay even on WR
B. smallest upgrade on RB, upgrade or stay even on WR
C. biggest RB upgrade, slightly downgrade on WR

basically, you dont lose anything on trade A and B, you simply got an free upgrade on your RB, which i won't accept it if i am team A or B owner. If i am team C owner, i will request AJ Green instead of Harvin to compensate for the lose of Charles to Bush, Lloyd to Harvin just doesn't cut it.

however, this kinda trade is still possible due to personal favor and taste of the player, it's just in my opinion, bring nothing beneficial to team ABC. good luck
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Happy Homer » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:50 am

Trade offer was accepted! I added in Falcons D with the trade offer and it got accepted.

Give:
Bush
Harvin
Falcons

Receive:
Richardson
Austin

How did I do? Think my team is solid now, no holes, especially for a 14 teamer. Hopefully Dmc can bounce back!
Happy Homer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Trade Bush and Harvin For Trent and Austin! WHIR 100%

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:20 pm

congratz, your roster is competitive even in 10-man league
btw, good draft, most of your player produce more than their ADP worth before season start. (Harvin, M.Ryan, A.Green, R.Bush)
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: Trade Bush and Harvin For Trent and Austin! WHIR 100%

Postby Happy Homer » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:46 am

Thanks! I actually drafted Brees and traded him away to fill out the rest of my roster with some of those players you mentioned because Ryan fell to me. Ended up working out perfectly and after this last trade, I'm really happy with my team.
Happy Homer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions