SHOULD I TRADE FOR DREW BREES?! BLOCKBUSTER STYLE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

SHOULD I TRADE FOR DREW BREES?! BLOCKBUSTER STYLE

Moderator: Football Moderators

SHOULD I TRADE FOR DREW BREES?! BLOCKBUSTER STYLE

Postby wewantceezy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:44 am

IM 1-4 AND IM IN NEED OF A REBUILD!!

I GOT A SOLID TEAM BUT VICK IS MY QB

THIS IS MY SQUAD...

QB: VICK
RB: FOSTER, MJD, MORRIS, LYNCH, MATHEWS
WR: AJ GREEN, BOWE, GARCON, D MOORE, LAFELL, TITUS
TE: WITTEN, CELEK
D/ST: GIANTS
K: GOULD

I WAS THINKING OF PROPOSING AN OFFER OF MJD AND VICK FOR BREES..
OR
MJD AND MORRIS?

HE HAS

QB: BREES, KOLB
RB: BRADSHAW, WILLIAMS(ARI), FJAX, MENDENHALL, MARTIN
WR: R. WHITE, S. SMITH, DJAX, JENNINGS
TE: PITTA
D/ST: ARI, NEW ENGLAND
K: AKERS

STANDARD ESPN LEAGUE 10 TEAM NON PPR

RG3 IS SOMEONE I MIGHT BE WILLING TO TRADE FOR AS WELL

PLEASE HELP AND GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT! MAYBE U MIGHT SEE SOMETHING I DONT
wewantceezy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: SHOULD I TRADE FOR DREW BREES?! BLOCKBUSTER STYLE

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:09 am

i am not sure what happened to you to get you to 1-4 but you have the most outrageous RBs i've seem in any 10-man league in any format
you basically have 5 RB1 with one of them being possibly the best RB in 2012.

MJD/Lynch/Mathews can all get you Brees in 1 for 1 trade or any QB around that level.
put MJD/Lynch/Morris/Mathews on trading block.

with fair trade, you can end up with the best player on every position including TE.

seriously, how did you get Foster, Lynch, MJD, Mathews, AJ Green in one team, on top of that with Vick and Bowe

in short, MJD 1 for 1 or Morris+Vick for Brees, however, if for some reason you really really want Brees and MJD just doesnt cut it, go with MJD+Vick, you have the luxury.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Postby wewantceezy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:40 am

HAHAHA THANKS MAN YEA I THOUGHT I DRAFTED PRETTY DAMN AMAZING AND FRUSTRATED OF HOW BAD I STARTED.

THE QB'S GET MAD POINTS AND VICK HAS BEEN KILLIN ME.

MATHEWS FELL TO 6TH ROUND AND EVERYONE SLEPT ON LYNCH, HAD SECOND PICK FIRST ROUND TO GET ARIAN AND GOT MJD 3RD ROUND I BELIEVE.. PEOPLE PASSED HIM CUZ OF SUSPENSION...

SO WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT MY QB SITUATION???
wewantceezy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby chargergdm » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:16 am

So your draft went:
Rd 1 Arian Foster
Rd 2 Marshawn Lynch
Rd 3 MJD
Rd 4 Vick
Rd 5 A.J. Green
Rd 6 Ryan Mathews
Rd 7 Dwayne Bowe
Rd 8 Garcon

At least that would be my guess. If so..great job drafting. Sucks about Vick hurting ya. Honestly, your team has the potential to put up huge numbers any given week. Doesn't look like you'll have any overly rough bye weeks either. After this week, Brees is leading most leagues in fantasy points. I don't see a Brees owner giving him up easily unless he has another strong QB. Trying for RG3 after his concussion this week might be your best bet. You might be able to get him for Morris and Mathews. Still, I'd hate giving away to RB's for a QB. RB's are rare breeds in fantasy and with all of the injuries this year, I'd hold onto as many as I could get. Personally, I'd try to grab a QB off the wire. A lot of solid options are out there. Christian Ponder is starting to look like a decent fantasy play. Alex Smith is making a bigger name for himself. Andrew Luck just put up tons of points. Fitzpatrick had an off day, but he was solid all year before that. If you can grab a QB that will get you 15-20 points a game, I think having valuable RB's to play around with will work out better for you in the long run. Count on 50-60 points from your 3 RB's each week. Another 20-30 from Bowe and Green. Throw in your kicker, qb, and dst and I don't see how you wouldn't be averaging 100+ points a week. Besides, holding on to the stud RB's, even if they are benched, will keep them out of your opponents' starting lineups. Points on the bench for you is better than points on the board for them.

Goodluck man!
chargergdm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:14 pm

chargergdm wrote:So your draft went:
Rd 1 Arian Foster
Rd 2 Marshawn Lynch
Rd 3 MJD
Rd 4 Vick
Rd 5 A.J. Green
Rd 6 Ryan Mathews
Rd 7 Dwayne Bowe
Rd 8 Garcon

At least that would be my guess. If so..great job drafting. Sucks about Vick hurting ya. Honestly, your team has the potential to put up huge numbers any given week. Doesn't look like you'll have any overly rough bye weeks either. After this week, Brees is leading most leagues in fantasy points. I don't see a Brees owner giving him up easily unless he has another strong QB. Trying for RG3 after his concussion this week might be your best bet. You might be able to get him for Morris and Mathews. Still, I'd hate giving away to RB's for a QB. RB's are rare breeds in fantasy and with all of the injuries this year, I'd hold onto as many as I could get. Personally, I'd try to grab a QB off the wire. A lot of solid options are out there. Christian Ponder is starting to look like a decent fantasy play. Alex Smith is making a bigger name for himself. Andrew Luck just put up tons of points. Fitzpatrick had an off day, but he was solid all year before that. If you can grab a QB that will get you 15-20 points a game, I think having valuable RB's to play around with will work out better for you in the long run. Count on 50-60 points from your 3 RB's each week. Another 20-30 from Bowe and Green. Throw in your kicker, qb, and dst and I don't see how you wouldn't be averaging 100+ points a week. Besides, holding on to the stud RB's, even if they are benched, will keep them out of your opponents' starting lineups. Points on the bench for you is better than points on the board for them.

Goodluck man!

i pretty much agreed everything he said ;-D except the part about Fitzpatrick
but i just cant image MJD+Vick or Mathews+Morris cant get you any top 3 QB, even at pass td 6pts league.
at my cafe league, i'll trade brady anytime for Morris + MJD/Mathews/Lynch

worst case scenario, trade Foster for top QB (Brees, Brady, Rodgers) and keep MJD, Mathews and Lynch for 2RB + 1 Flex, trade Morris + Bowe or Witten for better WR or TE.

your team become

QB Rodger/Brady/Brees
RB1 MJD
RB2 Mathews
Flex Lynch
WR1 AJ Green
WR2 Bowe + Morris upgrade
TE or Witten + Morris upgrade

which still looks very strong
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Postby wewantceezy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:55 pm

Chaoi u got a pretty good point.

It's tough getting rid of Foster for a top 3 but... Might have to.

I offered the guy Vick, MJD, Bowe for Brees & R white

He has no RUNNINGBACKS and he countered with

Me giving him Vick AJ Green and Foster for Brees White and Steve smith.

I declined.
wewantceezy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheBeaker » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:02 pm

If Vick, MJD and Bowe cant get it done then it might be tough. Maybe the guy is just sentimental and wants his big name back in return. Vick and Foster for Brees and White? I dunno, he doesnt have a lot to give you back. I'd include Bowe if you could get something else useable but dont know what would be worth it there.... The problem he has in his mind that going from Brees to Vick really as his starting QB so its going to take something big. But if he countered it shows hes willing to play.
TheBeaker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 169)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions