Pick a TE for week 6: Witten, Freddy D, or Tamme. WHiR. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Pick a TE for week 6: Witten, Freddy D, or Tamme. WHiR.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pick a TE for week 6: Witten, Freddy D, or Tamme. WHiR.

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:36 am

The entire dilemma is in the title, here are the details:

Jason Witten was not good all year coming off the spleen injury until I benched him and he put up 25 fantasy points. To date that is his only good week, but it was his most recent week, and it was a very big bounce back game for him (though not so good for Dallas in general with Romo throwing 5 INTs). The good news is Dallas is coming off a bye week and Witten should be 100% by now, the bad news is Dallas looked awful on offense in their last game, and they are facing a very stout Ravens defense. I tend to underrate Witten because the only other time I have owned him is the year he only scored 1 TD, a league I finished second in.

Fred Davis started slow this year, and I was fortunate to get him off waivers. He has been worth a steady but not spectacular 8 or 9 fantasy points the past 3 weeks. He is clearly being utilized in Washington's offense a decent amount, but he has yet to find the end zone this season. Washington is facing a tough 4-1 Minnesota team that has beef with the Redskins (see AP injury 2011), and they could be without their star rookie QB Robert Griffin III who is concussed.

Another option on my roster at present is Jacob Tamme, although he is the first player in line to be waived, unless somebody can convince me otherwise. I drafted him on the cheap as a high upside guy working with Peyton Manning, but it just hasn't panned out.

12 team auction league. 0.5 PPR and yardage bonuses. The rest of my roster is in my signature if interested.

I always try to answer thoughtful replies with thoughtful replies, and WHiR 100%, just be sure to post a link in your post if you want one of my long-winded responses to your issue.
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pick a TE for week 6: Witten, Freddy D, or Tamme. WHiR.

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:03 pm

Witten, he should see the most targets and I like his match-up.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Leaning towards Witten, but not totally sold on him given his dud weeks this season. He has really only had one good week and Baltimore is tough.

Davis seems the obvious alternate if I decide to sit Witten, although still no TDs this year.

Anybody think I shouldn't drop Tamme?

Thanks again, and WHiR.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:14 am

Just read this (from Eisenberg) on Witten's match-up (yikes):

Bust alert: Jason Witten (at BAL): It was good to see Witten have a breakout performance in Week 4 against Chicago with 13 catches for 112 yards and a touchdown on 14 targets, and it appears like his early-season woes following the preseason spleen injury are behind him. But this is just a tough matchup for him. The Ravens have done a nice job against tight ends throughout the Ray Lewis/Ed Reed era and have allowed just one tight end (Celek in Week 2) to reach double digits in Fantasy points in their past 23 games. No tight end has scored against Baltimore this season and only three scored last year. Now, you can argue that Witten can have a Celek-like performance with eight catches for 157 yards on 11 targets, but history suggests Witten will post only modest stats in this matchup.

Leaning towards Davis after seeing this. Anybody disagree?
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Return to Who to Start/Bench