Need Room for Breesus Bye - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need Room for Breesus Bye

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need Room for Breesus Bye

Postby chargergdm » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:01 am

The dreaded Drew Brees Bye Week. I knew it was coming, but I didn't prepare myself for it. Injuries and inactives have caused me to rack up a bench of pretty solid players this year. Unfortunately, I'm now out of options for some bye week positions. I need a QB this week. Who would you drop?

QB: Drew Brees

RB: Ryan Mathews, Benjarvus Green-Ellis, Rashard Mendenhall, Mikel Leshoure, Michael Bush

WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Hakeem Nicks, Dwayne Bowe, Eric Decker, Malcom Floyd, Brian Hartline

TE: Aaron Hernandez, Dennis Pitta

DEF: Seahawks, Kicker: Zuerlein

Right now, I'm hoping for early good news for Aaron Hernandez. If it looks like he will play this week, I'll drop Pitta for Christian Ponder. If that's not the case, who do you think I should drop? I'm also thinking about trying a 2 for 1 trade, but I wouldn't be able to get it through until after waiver pickups, so I'm thinking it is too risky.

Thanks for the help, WHIR.
chargergdm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need Room for Breesus Bye

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:08 am

Thanks for your help with mine.

I can see why you would lean towards dropping one of your TEs, Hernandez is a big question mark with his injury and Pitta has had consecutive bad weeks after starting the season red hot. However that is precisely why I think you need to hang on to both guys, because both have risk associated with them right now. Considering the situation of your TEs, you need a backup here.

If it were my team I would drop Michael Bush. He certainly had some good games and a boom in value when Forte was hurt, but Forte looks to be all better and getting the majority of the workload for Chicago, which means Bush is back to being the backup. He could get some goal-line work, which might still make him a guy worth owning, but I basically see him as a Forte handcuff at this point.
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions