WR Help WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

WR Help WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR Help WHIR

Postby prince_45243 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:57 am

Non-PPR; 6 per TD, 1 per 10 yards, -2 per turnover

Rank these options please.

J. Jones (GB) @ HOU - Tough defense but Jones has been on fayah!
J. Maclin v. DET - If Jones is on fire, Maclin has been an icecube. DET no pushover on passing defense. I'm very hesitant on this one.
A. Roberts vs. BUF - Nice matchup. Has had one really good week and outperforming Maclin
A. Hawkins @ CLE - Also a nice matchup but has been cold for two weeks vs. midling passing defenses.

WW:
M. Williams (TB) vs. KC had a nice game vs. WAS, solid WR but very few receptions per game.
J. Kerley v. IND - S. Holmes on IR and Kerley responded with 94 yards vs. a tough HOU defense.
G. Tate v. NE - NE is a nice matchup and tate has 3 TDs in the past 3 games but very few receptions.

If I pick up WW, which WR would you drop?
-Prince_45243
prince_45243
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR Help WHIR

Postby truwrxtacy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:31 pm

how many slots do you need to fill?
1) J. Jones (GB) @ HOU - Tough defense but Jones has been on fayah! (ride him while hes hot, thats what i'm doing with mendenhall)
2) A. Roberts vs. BUF - Nice matchup. Has had one really good week and outperforming Maclin
3) A. Hawkins @ CLE - Also a nice matchup but has been cold for two weeks vs. midling passing defenses.
4) J. Maclin v. DET - If Jones is on fire, Maclin has been an icecube. DET no pushover on passing defense. I'm very hesitant on this one. ( DET D is better than CLE and BUF, thats why i picked him last)
truwrxtacy
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 19)

Postby prince_45243 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:43 pm

Just two but I like people to rank options rather than giving just their picks in case there's disagreement. Thanks for replying.
-Prince_45243
prince_45243
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby hotpocket » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:07 pm

1. James Jones. Tread carefully here though, because if Jennings is healthy I would avoid. That being said, he's been hot, and Rodgers is going to hit someone for a touchdown. I can see Jones getting another one, though I don't think the 2 TD trend will continue.
2. Roberts. He's been getting his looks, and with Fitzgerald getting the obvious focus of attention, he has the chance of getting a TD against a poor Buffalo defense.
3. Hawkins. Not a huge fan. He's got big play potential, but doesn't get a ton of targets. Cleveland is a little underrated imo, but Cincinnati knows them well and will score.
4. Maclin. He's been hurt and ineffective, and Vick has been bad. I just don't trust anyone besides McCoy and DJax (tentatively).

If Jennings plays, I think I would try Kerley over Hawkins if you have to start 2. I think he'll get quite a few targets, although he may not score a touchdown.
hotpocket
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 12)

Postby LWCrunner55 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:10 pm

Jones
Roberts
Maclin

Thos are the only ones worth talking about honestly. They seem to have good matchups though :)
QB- M. Ryan, T. Pryor
RB- A. Morris, L. Bell, A. Ellington, C. Ivory, M. James, D. Martin
WR- J. Nelson, A. Brown, J. Boykin, D. Heyward-Bey,
TE- J. Graham, C. Fleener
LWCrunner55
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Response Team
(Past Year: 171)

Postby sportster » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi, this is how I would rank them.
1.A.Roberts vs. Buffalo
2.A.Hawkins @ Cleveland
3.J.Jones @ Houston
4.J.Maclin vs. Detroit

Hope this helps. Thanks for your help.
sportster
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby curtk » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Thanks for the help with mine. I may change and go with TB and give up the waffling between STL and MIA. Plus, it's tough for me to trust my team (MIA) and equally tough to bet against 'em!

Disclaimer: I don't have any of these WRs and haven't really followed any of them this year, but will do the best I can...

1. Jones. Although the matchup isn't the greatest, it could be high-scoring. He had the team high in targets last week and certainly has the upside. However, as someone else mentioned, I'd be wary of him if Jennings is back.
2. Roberts. He's getting targets and BUF is not good against #2 WRs (or any WRs, for that matter).
3. Maclin. He's just too iffy for me. Until he's fully recovered, I don't think I could risk starting him. However, if there are reports that he's healthy later in the week, he might be worth the gamble...especially if Jennings is back.
4. Hawkins. Lots of targets last week, but that doesn't help if he doesn't make the plays. More risk than Jones or Roberts.

WW options:
Because of past years' experience, I don't think I could ever trust Mike Williams (TB) again. Kerley may be worth a flier over Hawkins. He should get some looks. Tate is worth watching, but would have him behind Jones, Roberts, and Maclin, even with the matchup. He could go off, but he could do nothing, too.

Hope this helps!
curtk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:54 pm

We went through this last week too I think. I see you situation has not gotten any better. ;)

Sorry to say I still don't think any of these options look like great plays at the moment. All of them have disappeared in games this season, but all of them have had enough good games to tease you. I would certainly keep an eye on the wire for potential replacements candidates.

One thing I will say in response to the other posts is that I think everybody has Roberts way too high. He should be the last of these options until Arizona's offense gets straightened out. Kolb cannot even get to the back of his drop before he has defenders on top of him. Arizona's offensive line might be the worst in football, and that makes any member of their offense a very risky play.

Should you doubt my claim about Arizona's line, consider this: We can measure an offensive line based on sacks allowed and rushing yards, and Arizona is among the worst in both categories. They are 31st in the league in rushing yardage and have allowed 23 sacks, including something like 16 or 17 over the past two weeks. I am selling on all Arizona players except Larry Fitzgerald until Arizona shows they can block.

I don't particularly like any of your other options either, as they have all run hot and cold, and more cold than hot. I still think Jones is clearly your best bet as he is at least part of a potent passing offense.

As to the tweeners Maclin and Hawkins, I give a slight edge to Hawkins because I think Cleveland is a cupcake.

Given all that I rank your guys in this order this week:

1) Jones
2) Hawkins
3) Maclin
4) Roberts

That's my two cents. but remember that is all its worth. Good luck!

Here's mine: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=524988
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Postby archie814 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:39 am

For this week I rank them:
Roberts
Jones
Maclin
Hawkins

I wouldn't drop any of those guys for those waiver guys.
archie814
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby David592207 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Quite a variety of answers. That's never a good sign...Despite that, I'll have to agree with VeganPhilosopher's post. Jones, Hawk, Maclin, Roberts. Jones will get his looks in the possesion passing attack that will be Packers whole offense, with no one to run the ball there. Hawkins faces a shaky CLE D who will be devoting extra help to blanket Green and Hawkins should get a lot of targets, especially if CIN can establish a running game (which it should be able to do). Maclin has had 1 more week to get healthy and makes vick a better player, as he is a more complete receiver than DJax. I see him possibly having a big game. Lastly, the only good thing I can say about Roberts is that he plays BUF. No QB worth a crap in ARI.

Help?

viewtopic.php?t=525267
David592207
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Return to Who to Start/Bench