Start/Sit column on this site - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Start/Sit column on this site

Moderator: Football Moderators

Start/Sit column on this site

Postby cnewby » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:26 pm

When does this come out? and does anybody know of some other sites that have reliable start/sit sections?
cnewby
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DUKE » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:29 pm

It will prob. be up sometime today. Do a search on "weekly cheatsheets" and you'll see threads asking about this with responses w/ places to find them and some links to some of them as well.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby cnewby » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:46 pm

ty duke
cnewby
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DUKE » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:57 pm

cnewby wrote:ty duke

no problem ;-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:33 pm

M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:17 pm

And now for a little self promotion: Check out the "Cheat Sheets" link on this site. Until a few weeks ago, it was still just pre-season draft advice, but since Week 12 or 13, buckychudd and I have been posting our computerized rankings for each week. They usually get posted on Thursday mornings.

The link is:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/player_rankings.php
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby JEB » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:12 am

Thanks Wesley. We appreciate the rankings. It has helped me big time through out the season. I have use it as a guide and I am 1st seed in my league. At least in my FF league, the road to the superbowl goes through Pittsburg. :~(
JEB
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Arlo » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:28 am

I have to chime in here with some serious kudos for Wesley and buckychudd. It takes a lot of work to create projections like these, and I think the results are outstanding. Plus, a computerized system such as this creates a perfect complement to Dan's analysis (which is up, by the way).

Kudos, guys! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:53 am

All my guys are listed on the start/sit list this week. I still don't know who to start, they say start all of them. The weekly projections are nice.The only thing I have problems with is a guy like Thomas Jones. This is his first week starting.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Wesley Walker » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:00 pm

M_Zimm wrote:All my guys are listed on the start/sit list this week. I still don't know who to start, they say start all of them. The weekly projections are nice.The only thing I have problems with is a guy like Thomas Jones. This is his first week starting.

Yeah Zimm, guys like Jones are a wild card, but that's sort of what makes fantasy football fun. We all knew LaDanian would be a stud this year, but who knew Stephen Davis would be this good. Some people thought Pittman would be far better than Davis this year, but they were dead wrong. And some people were high on Tiki Barber and Charlie Garner.

Given Tampa Bay's offense I wouldn't expect T Jones to get consistently large amounts of carries.

Some RBs who are slow starters are really turning it on late in the season: Curtis Martin and Eddie George to name two. Not that I'd start them over a super-stud, but they could be a good fill-in. I like Michael Bennett's prospects for this week too.

As much as I hate to say it, Marshall Faulk could be the best fantasy back for the next three weeks.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Football Talk