PPR League
Foster is starting in RB1.
I need a RB and a Flex
Pick two:
Ridley @ SEA
Murray @ BAL
Martin vs KC
Mendenhall @ TEN

Thanks in advance. Leave a link and I'll respond.
archie814
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pick 2 of 4 RBs WHIR!

Postby prince_45243 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:15 pm

I'd like Ridley and Mendenhall.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=525036
-Prince_45243
prince_45243
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby curtk » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks for the help with mine.

Ridley has been too good the last couple of games to sit him, even though he's a NE RB. Mendy looks good, too. The other two are way to iffy to consider this week, so Ridley and Mendy are it!
curtk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Thanks for the help with mine.

You have a decent RB corps there, and I think there is a good chance you leave points on the bench with that group week to week. Still, depth at RB is a good problem to have.

I would eliminate Murray from this list until Dallas starts playing better. They are playing from behind a lot, and even when they are not, their offensive line is not providing many running lanes.

I like Doug Martin this year, but he had consecutive bad weeks heading into the bye, so I might sit him as well. I'm not too sure about sitting him though. For one thing, he is facing a pretty terrible KC team. For another, I usually like to play guys coming off their bye weeks.

I think you have to play Ridley given his production (3 great weeks, 1 solid week, 1 bad week so far this year). I would expect a bit of a down week for him this week though as he is facing a stingy Seattle defense.

Mendenhall looked good in his return to action last week, and he has a nice match-up against TEN, so I think I would play him as well.

Given all that I would probably agree with the other two posters in here and go with Mendenhall and Ridley. That looks like the safe play. My only fear is you will regret leaving Martin on the bench if he goes off against KC.

However, I could also see the combination of Martin and Mendenhall being a little better, and I might take a chance on benching Ridley this week. I just have a hunch Martin and Mendenhall could be the better play.

Which of those two options you go with is up to you. This is a risky business and sometime you have to take some chances. I'm sorry I do not give a more definitive answer, but I hope this helps.
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Return to Who to Start/Bench