VICK or LUCK wk 6, Help QB controversy! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

VICK or LUCK wk 6, Help QB controversy! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

VICK or LUCK wk 6, Help QB controversy! WHIR

Postby mmullen68 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Who should i roll with? both decent matchups. started vick all year so far and i'm 3-1-1(stupid tie). was gonna go luck 100% but vicks matchup is great. doesnt help that i bleed green !
mmullen68
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: VICK or LUCK wk 6, Help QB controversy! WHIR

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Luck, he has not been turning the ball over as much as Vick has been.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby big.d57 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:19 pm

I'll take Luck, Jets defense still isn't good. Vick is just turning it over at too high of a rate....it's funny I play in a two QB league and am playing against luck and Vick this week most likely.
big.d57
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:19 pm

I'll jump on board with Luck as well.

Vick just keeps turning the ball over and does not seem to be the same player he was a couple years ago anymore. He is really struggling this season, and Philly is lucky to be 3-2 as many times as Vick has turned the ball over this year. In my league turnovers are -2 points each, and in every league turnovers cost you potential fantasy points. Until Vick shows me something better than I've seen, I keep him on the bench. Vick's stock is way down since Matthew Berry declared he should be the first pick in fantasy drafts back in 2011, way down. I personally see him as more of a QB2 at this point.

Luck's stock is on the rise. He has posted ever increasing fantasy totals in his rookie campaign. Each week this year for him was better than the previous week, culminating in his top 3 finish among QBs last week. He is clearly not being limited in any way for Indy, and they look like a team that will need to pass to keep up with their opponents. He has edged his way into QB1 territory already.

One nice thing about Vick is that he is a threat for rushing production, but then again so is Luck.

Luck does have a tough match-up against the Jets, but I would start him this week anyway in a close call. I am actually debating whether or not to start him over RG3 this week. For the forseeable future, Luck looks like your better option over the course of the season.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=524988
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic