Week 6 - Brandon Lloyd or Hakeem Nicks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Week 6 - Brandon Lloyd or Hakeem Nicks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 6 - Brandon Lloyd or Hakeem Nicks

Postby sabercats » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:07 pm

If Nick is healthy, should i play Nicks Vs 49ers or start Lloyd Vs Seattle? I will start Nicks but worry about he is not 100%.
Thanks, drop your link and i will reply.
Cheers,
sabercats
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 48)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 6 - Brandon Lloyd or Hakeem Nicks

Postby MurdaSquad » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:24 pm

I would def start Nicks if he's healthy. I'm pretty sure this niners/giants game will be a shoot out in which Eli will be slinging the rock to one of this favorite returning receivers.

the only reason why I wouldn't start Lloyd vs Seattle is, well, seattle's secondary is playing top notch lights out football at this point of the season. if Brady is gonna be getting yardage, it won't be through the outside. most likely he'll put Welker and the newly returned TE Hernandez to work.
MurdaSquad
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:52 pm

Thanks for the help with mine. This is a tough one.

I think both Seattle and San Fran are very tough matchups (Seattle shut down Green Bay and San Fran hasn't allowed a TD in two weeks). Given that both WRs face tough opponents, I might temper expectations for them a bit this week.

Nicks was awesome in the one game he was healthy. It would be nice to see some post-injury production from him before playing him though.

Lloyd has been an up and down player, like most everybody on New England's offense. This is to be expected with all the weapons they have and the way New England likes to mix things up week to week.

Although New York has other options in Cruz and Bennett, I expect Nicks is likely to get more target than Lloyd once he is healthy. Eli has some tendency to favor his top two wide-outs in the passing game. For that reason, I like Nicks better over the course of the season if he can get healthy, but I would not start him this week. I think I would leave him on the bench until I see how he looks coming off that injury.

To sum up: I'd start Lloyd this week and see how Nicks does before putting him in the lineup.
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Postby big.d57 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:05 am

Dang tough question. I think I'd roll with Nicks personally if he is able to play since Hernandez has a shot at returning this sunday for the pats.
big.d57
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Who to Start/Bench