Going downhill Quick HELP ..WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Going downhill Quick HELP ..WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Going downhill Quick HELP ..WHIR

Postby macmillanben1 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:26 pm

16 team PPR league, started 2-1 but now have lost 2 straight and now quite sure what to do

Qb- Dalton
Wr-Antonio Brown
Wr-Bryant
Rb-AP
Rb-S-Jax
Te-Finley
Flex-Stevie Johnson

Bench:
Fred Jackson
Britt
Leshoure
Burleson
Best
Cook
macmillanben1
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Going downhill Quick HELP ..WHIR

Postby vincentp83 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:29 pm

16 teams sounds like it would be a pain. I'm guessing your waiver wire is empty.

I'd like to know what your opponents are working with. It doesn't look terrible for a 16-team league; my only problem with it is that you seem to lack that one "it" guy. Even with that many teams, you should have at least one big name from round 1 of your draft. I'm guessing that was AP? He's just not quite the same as he used to be.

You've only lost 2 in a row. It's not time to panic yet. I'm not fantastic at Fantasy, but I do a lot of research deciding who to start each week. The bigger your league, the more important it is that you do your homework and make sure you're starting the lineup with the best potential every week. You should make sure you know exactly what the projections are for each player based on their opponents, performance, etc. You should be able to work through things if you're diligent and make good decisions. Don't just stick what you think are "your guys" in there at starter every week and leave your bench to rot.

See if you can package a few players together for a solid upgrade anywhere on your roster. With 15 other teams, at least one of them must be weak, depleted, or desperate enough to bite on a slightly lopsided trade. I'd probably work on upgrading SJax or one of your receivers.
vincentp83
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Going downhill Quick HELP ..WHIR

Postby macmillanben1 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:53 pm

I've actually made a few trades so far, picked up andre brown on waivers and flipped him for garcon and then eventually jackson. I meant to say it was a 14 team league but I had the 14th and 15th picks and took stafford/AP. I recently picked up Dalton by trading Ponder and ATL defence because I have the Seahawks D, then traded Stafford for Bryant/Leshoure which I may already be regretting. I've been trying to package guys for upgrades but nothing is really going through, Finley underperforming definitely isn't helping things. The Waiver wire is extremely empty, no one worth picking up there. Thanks for the help!
macmillanben1
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Roster Ratings