Stacked at RB - would like to upgrade QB...Advice? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Stacked at RB - would like to upgrade QB...Advice? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stacked at RB - would like to upgrade QB...Advice? WHIR

Postby esper » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:44 pm

I have a lot of great RB's on my Non-PPR team 12 team league. I've got Foster, Mathews, Steven Jackson, Alfred Morris, Doug Martin, and just picked up William Powell. Schaub is my QB and I'd like to try and upgrade. I only start 3 RB's a week with the 2 RB slots and the FLEX spot so I end up leaving some quality points on my bench. Who should I try and package with Schaub to get a stud QB? Which stud QB would you target. Thanks!

WHIR!
esper
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Stacked at RB - would like to upgrade QB...Advice? WHIR

Postby SportzChamp2173 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Probably depends on who needs help at RB in your league but mathews or Morris are probably your two best tradeable chips at RB (Foster is nearly impossible to get same value in return). Stafford should still turn things around but if your set on grabbing a stud maybe go after rodgers who hasnt quite lived up to expectations.
SportzChamp2173
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby esper » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:02 am

bump...the Brees and Rodgers owner are pretty weak at RB

offered them both Schaub & Morris for their QB...think either of them will bite? is that a good deal for me? Thanks!!
esper
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby nightfox422 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:06 am

no, I dont think the brees or rodgers owner will bite on that, unless they are really week at RB. And by weak I mean that they have to START someone like Greene, or are STARTING replacements like Powell or Ballard or Alex Green.

If they have 2 solid starters, just no depth, then I dont see anyone giving up a top QB for Morris. You might be able to get an Eli Manning type, I would just start offering up a bunch of trades and see who bits.

check mine?
viewtopic.php?t=525465
nightfox422
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Postby steveliebo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:23 am

Offer them Mathews and Schaub for Rodgers or Brees i dont think they would want Morris hope this helped please help out on mine
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=525153
steveliebo
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:30 am

Can you get in my league??? Opened the topic (linked below) from the exact opposite side of the fence where i need to dump a QB for a RB haha. What i would try and do if i were you is find someone who has a solid backup QB on their roster. Find the guys who drafted RG3 or Luck or Ben or Dalton, odds were they didnt draft them as their starter and they are holding 2 decent QBs.

The first 2 would be studs but the second 2 are just solid QBs who should give you decent production most weeks and since they wouldnt be the starters on that team they wouldnt require much in return. If im someone who has Ben sitting on my bench I would easily trade him for Schaub and Steven Jackson or something like that.

Or find someone who has Romo and is trying to sell low while he is perceived to be bad, his schedule gets much more shootout friendly.

Help please: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=525459
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 399)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions