Start Vick Ballard or Alex Green? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Start Vick Ballard or Alex Green?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Start Vick Ballard or Alex Green?

Postby wac06004 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Alex Green certainly seems to be the more explosive player but is going against a stiffer defensive team. However, if Cedric Benson's performances against good defensive teams this year are any indicator, Alex Green certainly could be a productive start in this offense if he is just as explosive as Benson.

Looking at Vick Ballard, his numbers are not impressive when you look at his yards per carry. It would seem he is the less talented of the two players. However, he is going against the Jets which leaves open the possibility of him still running all over the place in spite of the lack of impressiveness he has shown so far.

I have picked up both on waivers (I am desperate for a 2nd RB in my league) and so was wondering which is the better start this weekend? I am not thinking long term at all.

in my other league, I need to choose between Ballard, Green, or James Jones as a flex spot
Last edited by wac06004 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wac06004
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Start Vick Ballard or Alex Green?

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:42 pm

Welcome to the Cafe ;-D
I would start Ballard. Kuhn may get the goal line work, and Green has a tough match-up.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Who to Start/Bench