Offered Nelson for a RB WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Offered Nelson for a RB WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Offered Nelson for a RB WHIR

Postby blueman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Another team offered me Jordy Nelson for either Mendenhall or Bradshaw. Its a PPR league. I think Im pretty good at RB and am a little lean at RB so my initial reaction was to say no way. However, if I were to make a trade I could keep Nelson as an 8th round pick next year so that makes it a little more interesting. Thinking if I could get Nelson for Mendenhall would be a good trade, then maybe try to trade another WR to upgrade at RB. All help is appreciated.

My team:
Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Darren McFadden, Trent Richardson, Ahmad Bradshaw, Rashard Mendenhall, Ben Tate, Calvin Johnson, Mike Wallace, Victor Cruz, Stevie Johnson, Torrey Smith, Aaron Hernandez, Jared Cook

His Team: Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Willis McGahee, MJD, Chris Johnson, Vick Ballard, Jordy Nelson, Reggie Wayne, Vincent Jackson, Miles Austin, Brandon Marshall, Brian Hartline, Tony Gonzalez, Jermichael Finley
blueman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 35)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Offered Nelson for a RB WHIR

Postby Mean One » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:58 pm

How many players do you keep from one year to the next? Or is it based off of the round drafted from the year before? Nelson for an 8th rd pick next season isn't bad, but with your current WR staff he won't see your lineup at all this season. Whereas, either RB you trade away is an automatic start for you now with BYE weeks in progress.

I don't trust Bradshaw to finish out the year upright, and I think we've seen his best last week. Depends if you really want to keep Nelson for next season. But I trust Mendy more than Bradshaw and would be inclined to trade Bradshaw instead.
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby blueman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Thanks for the help. We keep 2 players each year in the round they were drafted the year before. However you can't keep anyone drafted in the first two round and every year they are kept after the first year they move up a round.

Also, I agree Bradshaw is an injury risk but you really think he is a bigger one than Mendenhall? Just curious, never had him before but I thought he was injured quite a bit. Could be wrong though.
blueman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby c0megets0me » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:15 pm

I would pull the triger on either one of those deals..........Nelson is a total bust. Mendy would be my 1st choice as the Steelers try to stay commited to run game and Mendy gets alot of goaline looks.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby Mean One » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:28 pm

Mendy has had his scrapes and bruises but Bradshaw has them more frequently. Giving up a starting RB for a WR is a tough sell but in leagues such as yours its not uncommon. I don't have much faith in Nelson this year because its obvious he is no #1 wideout with Jennings inactive. It may be different next season but its obvious from your roster Nelson won't see your starting lineup anytime soon.

If DMC was running like a freight train this would be a no-brainer. But one thing to look at - you give up Mendy and Bradshaw goes down again, all you have is Trent and DMC. You would have no choice but to move one of your top WR's to shore up your RB depth. :-o
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby blueman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:43 pm

Mean One wrote:If DMC was running like a freight train this would be a no-brainer. But one thing to look at - you give up Mendy and Bradshaw goes down again, all you have is Trent and DMC. You would have no choice but to move one of your top WR's to shore up your RB depth. :-o

Yeah thats why my initial reaction was to tell him no and not even think twice. Then I thought about the possibility of keeping him next year and that really was the only thing I had in favor of making the trade. Thanks for the help. Think I'll just stick with what I got for now.
blueman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions