Darren McFadden - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Darren McFadden

Moderator: Football Moderators

Darren McFadden

Postby pocrates » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Over the last five weeks, McFadden has been a huge disappointment. The popular narrative about McFadden is his trouble with the zone blocking scheme, where McFadden is more use to a power-style of running and less familiar with the patient, "wait for something to emerge" kind of running (see: A. Foster). Now, his season stats have been very poor. Exclude Week 1 and his 13 reception performance, McFadden is only receiving about 13 total touches a game (12 carries and 1 reception).

Is this a the product of (1) Raiders playing from behind; (2) Poor play calling; (3) moving away from an ineffective running game; or (4) a combination of all three?

More importantly, will McFadden become more of a fantasy producer after OAK bye last week?
pocrates
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Darren McFadden

Postby big.d57 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:02 pm

I have been thinking about this myself...I hope he gets his game together soon, the raider's have a much easier schedule from here on out.
big.d57
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:37 pm

I have him in 2 money leagues and I to am greatly disappointed. I loved all the catches week 1 but now it seems as if the FB and Goodson are getting them. Hopefully they worked on some things over the bye week.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby TitsMcGahee » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:30 pm

Hold on a little longer, and have some faith. I think DMC will be fine, he has some very favorable run matchups coming up and if he himself, healthy, and receiving plenty of touches (including goal line) can't get it done against them, then it's indeed time to jump ship. Not yet though, and the storm will pass and the blue skies and clouds will settle once he busts out in the weeks to come.
TitsMcGahee
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 28)

Return to Football Talk