Grab Ballard and Drop????- WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Grab Ballard and Drop????- WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Grab Ballard and Drop????- WHIR

Postby twakeman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:10 pm

I play in a very deep 16 team league and the only running backs I have on the roster are Chris Johnson and James Starks. I did have both Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams, but we know how that turned out.

I'm looking at picking up Vick Ballard tonight, but who should I drop in his place? Starks, Ramses Barden or Randy Moss? The league is PPR and I obviously want to drop whoever will be least productive going forward.

If you need help with a topic of your own, leave a link and I'll gladly chime in.
twakeman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Grab Ballard and Drop????- WHIR

Postby LMack » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Its a toss-up between Randy Moss and Ramses Barden.

Moss just isn't getting targets and its impossible to produce without them.

When it comes to Barden, both Domenik Hixon and Reuben Randle have become more involved in the offense than him and Nicks is going to be healthy at some point this year.

I'd probably drop Barden just because he is lower on the depth chart and has a lot more talent to contend with.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Re: Grab Ballard and Drop????- WHIR

Postby JWoody82 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:51 pm

I'd drop Moss if I was in your shoes. I think you have to hang on to Starks just to try and have some kind of RB depth, even if it is the GB running game. Even though he's got competition I still think Barden at least has a shot at week to week relevance if the Nicks injury/injuries keep nagging throughout the season. Moss isn't getting the targets to be worth anything unless he scores, and he hasn't been doing much of that either. Given two longshots, I'd rather have the guy in the Giants passing offense than the Niners.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=525408
JWoody82
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions