Too many QBs WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Too many QBs WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Too many QBs WHIR

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:40 am

So i drafted Cam early and RG3 late and then someone overreacted and dropped Romo so i picked him up in free agency. I figure i can drop Cam or RG3 and then play the other using Romo as a spot start based on matchups or if my running QB gets injured. I would prefer to trade Cam because RG3 has more upside but i think Cam is more durable and has less value right now.

Really im wondering what you guys think the value of Cam/RG3 are as of right now and what i can expect back, as well as which one you would trade??? I offered a trade of Cam for DeMarco for a guy that has Peyton and no backup but not sure if he will accept it. Its a 10 team 1/2PPR and my lineup as stands is:

Calvin Johnson, Antonio Brown, Jeremy Maclin, Brian Hartline
LeSean McCoy, Trent Richardson, Darren Sproles, Jahvid Best
Aaron Hernandez, Brent Celek
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Too many QBs WHIR

Postby Eastman19 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:54 am

Package one of those QB's and Richardson and go after Rice or Foster...See if they bite.
Eastman19
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby con-vicks » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:57 am

i dont think he will take Cam for Murray but you could wait and hope that RG3 plays and bounces back that way you can sell him high. I think he will take better care of himself this week and should be okay. But i dont think he will last an entire season because eventually someone will take him out. Sucks because he is a point scoring machine!

Thanks for the help!
10 Teams PPR League
QB - M. Stafford/P. Rivers
RB - L. McCoy/ A. Morris/ G. Bernard/ S. Vereem/ A. Ellington
WR - V. Jackson/ D. Jackson/ / T. Smith/ P. Harvin/ R. Randle
TE - J. Thomas
con-vicks
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 60)

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:06 am

Eastman19 wrote:Package one of those QB's and Richardson and go after Rice or Foster...See if they bite.

I wish but it wont work, the owners of those guys are in love with them. Both of those owners leading up to the draft said that was the one person they wanted and they both got their guy so they arnet letting go of them no matter what. Plus those teams are 4-1 so wouldnt be looking to shake it up
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby Team Gooch » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:08 am

There are 6 teams that have byes week 7 so Im sure someone would be interested. RG3 has the most value right now and could possibly get you a top RB or WR if you package maybe a Sproles or Antonio Brown with him or maybe even straight up depending on the other's team needs and depth at whatever position you are getting from them. I do think Cam and Romo will be fine this season but their value is much lower than RG3 right now. I think I would try and trade Romo and keep the 2 guys that can get you both passing and rushing TDs. Im guessing Romo could get someone like BJGE, Murray, McGahee, or SJax straight up if they really need a QB or try a package deal and try to reach for someone a little higher. Week 7 Vick, Matt Ryan, Tannahill, P. Manning, Rivers, & KC QBs will all have byes so im sure someone would want 1 of your QBs.

help
viewtopic.php?t=523642
Team Gooch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:19 am

I just got Romo in FA this week so no one is going to give me much for him, i didnt even have to use my waiver spot for him. The thing is that i dont know if someone is going to give up a stud for a QB just to fill in for a bye week so i cant really consider that all that much. Also its only a 10 man league so no one NEEDS a QB like Romo who is viewed as struggling, the worst someone has is like a Rivers or someone in that class.

The guy im trying to get DeMarco from does have Peyton and only Peyton so maybe he will see that bye next week and get worried. Hes 3-2 so maybe if he loses this week he will be afraid to fall to 3-4 and he will make the deal next week
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby steveliebo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:21 am

I would ratehr trade RG3 because your not going to get the value for Cam you really want. Please help out on mine
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=525153
steveliebo
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:25 am

steveliebo wrote:I would ratehr trade RG3 because your not going to get the value for Cam you really want. Please help out on mine
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=525153

Thats what i was thinking, although of course the concussion may concern some people. My big problem is trying to figure out waht fair value is for RG3, its hard to determine value for a QB unless someone has severe need for one. How do you value a QB when they guy has someone like Peyton and will be rotating them or using as a bye week fill in?? Is RG3 for DeMarco a fairly even offer??
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions