Would this trade scenario work? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Would this trade scenario work?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Would this trade scenario work?

Postby Vobs56 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:31 am

So I just accepted a deal to send Chris Johnson to another owner for BenJarvus Green-Ellis. My league is on yahoo sports and above the pending transaction it states, "Note: This trade will processed on Saturday, Oct 13 and reflected on Week 6 lineups. If you've set your lineup in advance for future dates, please note those changes will be reset to match your lineup for the day players are added." Chris Johnson's match-up against the Steelers is tonight and my other running backs are Willis McGahee (game on Monday night against the Chargers) and Jonathan Stewart (who is on a bye). Given that the trade will be processed on Saturday, would I be able to sit Chris Johnson prior to his game tonight and when the trade goes through, which it should, insert BJGE into my line-up on Sunday for his match-up against the Browns? Would the fact that Chris Johnson's game being tonight have any bearing on the trade being processed or not prior to BJGE's game? Any input would be great!
Vobs56
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Would this trade scenario work?

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:33 am

Yeah im pretty sure if you put him on your bench it wont affect you, but the other guy may not be happy. I would try and see if your commish can push it through, seems like a fair enough trade
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 378)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vobs56 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:37 am

would that even be necessary? no matter what I decide to do with CJ today he will not have BJGE in his lineup for sunday since the trade will be processed on saturday and he will not have CJ available since he will have played already.
Vobs56
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:40 am

Does this guy realize that he wont have CJ or BJGE for this week?? I would think that hes under the assumption he will have one of them but if not then no it really doesnt matter. Depending on your league though i would ask the commish just to be safe. In the league i run if anyone is trying to work a trade involving someone in the thursday night game i push it through as long as its not really uneven
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 378)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vobs56 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:45 am

i worried that the trade will just get voted down if it gets brought up but making it aware to the other owner would be respectable. the other owner has been fairly inactive all-season so he probably wouldnt even start CJ once the trade goes through anyways. players go to your bench when the trade gets processed.
Vobs56
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions