Roudolph or Miller? whir always - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Roudolph or Miller? whir always

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roudolph or Miller? whir always

Postby ZiggyZiggington » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:49 pm

In a week obliterated with Byes, this is something I kinda have to get right. Thankfully the guy im playing also is losing a couple starters to the bye week, but his hasn't carried his team like Brees has carried mine. Both Roudolph and Miller seem to be the favorable redzone targets for their respective QB's, and both have favorable matchups (vikings v. redskins and steelers v. titans) for TE's, and for scoring points on; the redskins have allowed over 300 yds/game through the air and 13 passing td's so far this season, whereas the titans are allowing 280 yds/game and 12 passing tds on the season, however 8 of those have come from TE's where the Redskins have allowed only 4 of their 13 receiving td's to be caught by a TE.

Im tempted to play Roudolph just because he is a beast (who has to compete for receptions w/ a darkhorse mvp candidate in Percy Harvin, but still remains Ponder's favorite redzone target), but Tennessee just seems to lay down and die when it comes to blocking opposing TE's, and its not like Big Ben to Miller is a bad combo.

Who do you all think is the better play?

Whir, link me.
ZiggyZiggington
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Roudolph or Miller? whir always

Postby mrkmagnus » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:53 pm

Both are candidates for big games, Miller is playing the worse defense and Big Ben throws to him plenty. Flip a coin? I'd probably play Rudolph because I think his ceiling is higher, I see the Minnesota game being closer so he'll get plenty of looks.
mrkmagnus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 62)

Postby FirstCoast » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:02 pm

If the Pitt gets a substantial lead, they'll likely run the ball a good bit, and the Titans are pretty bad vs tight ends so far. That said, I still like Rudolph this week, but you would be good with either one really.

viewtopic.php?t=525339
2012 FF League Champion
2012 FF League Scoring Title
2012, 2013 March Madness Champions
FirstCoast
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 54)

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Thanks for your help with mine.

This is a close call, but it is a close call in a good way. Both guys have been productive and both guys have good match-ups.

I would go with Rudolph in a coin toss based on two factors: One, I am not a big fan of playing guys on Thrusday night. Every guy I have played on Thursday night this year has been a letdown. Two, I am a big 'skins fan and have watched my beloved team struggle against the pass week after week this year. After what Gonzalez did to us last week, I would expect the Viking to utilize Rudolph similarly.

Like I said it is a close call and I think both guys would be a good play, but I lean slightly towards Rudolph.
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Return to Who to Start/Bench