2 for 1 Trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

2 for 1 Trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

2 for 1 Trade

Postby MManock » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:51 am

Here is the league scoring and points setup for offense (Trade question to follow):
Comp: 0.25
Pass Yds: 25 yards per point; 3 points at 300 yards; 1 points at 350 yards; 2 points at 400 yards
Pass TD: 4
Int: -2
Rush Yds: 10 yards per point; 3 points at 100 yards; 1 points at 150 yards; 2 points at 200 yards
Rush TD: 6
Rec: 0.5
Rec Yds: 10 yards per point; 3 points at 100 yards; 1 points at 150 yards; 2 points at 200 yards
Rec TD: 6
Return Yds: 25 yards per point
Return TD: 6
2-Point Conversions: 2
Fumbles Lost: -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD: 6

I am in a 10-team, 15-position league and am currently in last place with the least amount of points for. I have been offered a trade that is enticing for me, and I am getting desperate, but I don't want to be irrational. I own Darren Mcfadden as my RB1 (drafted 5th overall). I have been offered Benjarvus Green-Ellis (drafted 64th/round 7) and Vincent Jackson (drafted 77th/round 8). My first thoughts were to deny the trade, but again, I am desperate. Do I accept this trade or not?

-Matt Manock
MManock
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2 for 1 Trade

Postby jm1llz » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:33 am

Whats the rest of your team look like?
My team:
Rodgers
Wallace, A. Johnson, D. Moore, D. Alexander
Morris, Reece, DMC, Murray, Wells, B. Brown, Hillman
Gates
Bryant
Seattle,
jm1llz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby MManock » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:59 am

My team
QB: P. Manning, Cam Newton
WR: E. Decker, W. Welker, M. Crabtree, D. Bess, L. Moore
RB: D. McFadden, I. Redman, D. Sproles
TE: M. Bennett, J. Dressen
K: G Zuerlein, J. Hanson
D: Houston
MManock

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:07 am

Deny this trade and do it fast. McFadden has a GREAT schedule coming up, every game against the bottom half of the league in run defense. You are fine at WR with Decker/Welker and Crabtree, not great but any means but VJax isnt a huge improvement over any of those guys while the drop off from McFadden to BJGE woudl be HUGE.

I dont know how you ended up with such a weak team in a 10 man league but you are right in the fact that you need a little help. First thing you do is drop a kicker and go pick up Jahvid Best if he is on your WW, he is your best shot at striking gold to help round out your team a bit.

After that i would work on trying to move one of those QBs for a less valuable QB in a package with a WR or RB. There is no need to have Peyton and Cam, you are just leaving points on the bench every week and you dont have the depth to afford that. If you are set on moving McFadden you need to get 2 much better players than that in return, something more along the lines of DeMarco Murray and Antonio Brown

Lastly, dont worry about draft position because after draft day that means nothing.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 361)

Postby MManock » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:20 am

No J. Best available. Trying to trade out Newton, no takers yet.
MManock

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:25 am

MManock wrote:No J. Best available. Trying to trade out Newton, no takers yet.

I know the feeling, i have Cam/RG3/Romo in my league and i need a taker fast. Either way the advice stands that you need to drop a kicker and pick someone else up, there is no reason EVER to carry 2 kickers on a roster. Part of your problem is that you used 2 of your top 8-10 picks on QBs including your #2 pick so you buried yourself from the start. I would still looking to be getting high end WR2 and RB2 in exchange for McFadden.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 361)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions