Trade Etiquette Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Etiquette Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Etiquette Question

Postby organist » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:11 am

Apologies if this should go elsewhere... it is a question specifically about trades (and a specific trade), yet is more of an etiquette question.

I will not be offended if it gets moved elsewhere but the other forums did not really sound specific to this question either...

So, I recently executed a trade that involved Rashard Mendenhall straight up for Miles Austin.
The trade was accepted early wednesday morning, and is still in vote on trade status, and is scheduled to complete on midnight tonight I think (maybe saturday into sunday).

With Mendenhall getting hurt last night, after the trade was agreed upon and accepted, but prior to it 'completing', what are people's thoughts?
Does fantasy etiquette/unwritten rules mandate a get-out clause for this trade?
Or does Mendenhall's injury simply fall under 'assumed risk' in accepting/timing of the trade?

Thanks so much for your input.
organist
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Etiquette Question

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:41 am

To me it falls under the assumed risk category, there is no reason to cancel the trade if thats what you are thinking. Once he/she hits the accept button that trade is done, the grace period is simply for the rest of the league to veto and not for that person to get their money back so to speak. If you were the one giving up Mendenhall and want to be charitable then you can cancel it but by all means dont feel like you should.

Also there is no saying that Mendenhall even has a lasting injury so it may not matter in the end.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions