Frank Gore For Demarco Murray PPR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Frank Gore For Demarco Murray PPR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Frank Gore For Demarco Murray PPR

Postby mpgrizzle » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:13 pm

12 Team PPR

Murray owner just proposed this trade to me...no brainer right? ;-D
mpgrizzle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Frank Gore For Demarco Murray PPR

Postby NormDynasty » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:20 pm

mpgrizzle wrote:12 Team PPR

Murray owner just proposed this trade to me...no brainer right? ;-D

No brained which way?

Gore is a beast, good hands, in on blocking downs, underrated offense. Yup, I'm a Niner fan, but I'd keep Gore. Dallas is in disarray.

viewtopic.php?t=525636
NormDynasty
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Far from a no brainer, actually a pretty even trade if you ask me. That being said i worry about Gore's longevity and wonder if they slow his role a bit during the fantasy playoff weeks if they can afford to in order to keep him healthy for the playoffs. The line in Dallas is rough but im trying to buy Murray low right now because im a believer. I think you can get him for cheaper but i would do this deal simply because im afraid of Gore. If you can afford to live without him due to injury or reduced role later then stay put, if not then maybe you make this move.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby mpgrizzle » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:49 pm

mycuccismells wrote:Far from a no brainer, actually a pretty even trade if you ask me. That being said i worry about Gore's longevity and wonder if they slow his role a bit during the fantasy playoff weeks if they can afford to in order to keep him healthy for the playoffs. The line in Dallas is rough but im trying to buy Murray low right now because im a believer. I think you can get him for cheaper but i would do this deal simply because im afraid of Gore. If you can afford to live without him due to injury or reduced role later then stay put, if not then maybe you make this move.

I am of the same mindset, I tried getting him for lower (CJ Spiller) but he didn't bite. I'm a 49er fan so I know what I'm getting with Gore, consistent 20pts in our system but he's not going to be able to have the monster game because Hunter is there (and Jacobs is now available starting this week). They are saving him as much as they can so everytime he gets going they pull him from the game or start giving the majority of the carries to Hunter. If not for the TD in every game his numbers would be a bit lower, and they don't target him as a receiver any more at all. Simply put because of Harbaugh he probably won't ever be allowed to have a "monster" game. I know he's the safer play but I'm already the #1 scoring team and sitting at 4-1 currently. I just traded Cam Newton for Aaron Rodgers so I'm even looking stronger going forward. My other RBs are Reggie Bush and CJ Spiller and J. Stewart (Only really have to start 1RB but can start 2 with Flex). Murray I think is going to turn it around and his playoff week schedule looks tasty! B-)
mpgrizzle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions