Need some RB trade advice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need some RB trade advice

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need some RB trade advice

Postby shennessy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:05 pm

Here is my roster:

Qbs: Flacco, Luck
Rbs: Sproles, Powell, Ballard, Bolden, Best, Brown
Wrs: Megatron, Rayne, White, Marshall
TE: Gonzo
DT: Falcons
K: Tynes

Standard, no PPR, plus extra bonuses for 100/200+ rec and rush yds, and 300/400+ pass yds

1QB
2RB
2WR
1Flex
1TE
1DST
1K

With Sproles on the bye, I was planning on going with Powell and Ballard this week. Thoughts?

I was going to deal one of those WRs because I obviously can't start 4 and need another RB to produce some cosnsitencty.

Who of those WRs should and deal and what should I look for in return? Trying to get someone in the Marshawn Lynch area, or at least get 8+ area.

Would White for Murray be a good deal for me?
shennessy
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 27
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need some RB trade advice

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:07 pm

First of all Powell and Ballard are nothing more than bad flex options at this point, if they are your 2 starting RBs you are screwed. Worse than that is that they are your RB2/RB3 for the rest of the year which is a horrible position to be in and Sproles has no business being an RB1. How many teams are in this league??

Personally i would get rid of 2 of these WRs because you are horribly in need of a RB. Sell Wayne and Marshall while they are high if you can and try and get back 2 solid RBs and some serviceable WRs. Package up a stud WR and a popular waiver level RB and get a RB1/2 back with a WR you can fill in for bye weeks. Another move you can make is try to package up luck with a WR to get a stud RB back to go with a WR2/3 and backup QB.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
Posts: 870
(Past Year: 358)
Joined: 18 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need some RB trade advice

Postby Thrasy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:18 pm

Powell and Ballard are clearly not optimal, but that's what happens in bye weeks. I would rather hold on to White and trade Wayne or Marshall. Target an owner who has a TRich/Matthews/Forte level RB and who is weak in WRs. To your specific question, I think White for Murray is too much for you to give up.
Thrasy
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 46
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need some RB trade advice

Postby shennessy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:25 pm

There are 12 teams. Sproles has been rather consistent producing 8+ points which has guided me to 4-1 and in 1st overwall because the Wrs are so explosive. .

I received an offer to get Lynch for White and Sproles, should I pull the trigger? I might be able to do Calvin Johnson for Lynch straight up but haven't offered this yet.

This will still leave me with a hole at RB2
shennessy
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 27
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need some RB trade advice

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:30 pm

Thrasy wrote:Powell and Ballard are clearly not optimal, but that's what happens in bye weeks. I would rather hold on to White and trade Wayne or Marshall. Target an owner who has a TRich/Matthews/Forte level RB and who is weak in WRs. To your specific question, I think White for Murray is too much for you to give up.


That would be fine, but these are his RB2/RB3 on his team regardless of bye weeks. Every week for the rest of the year he has to start one of these if he doesnt make a move and that alone will ruin your fantasy season. I agree with everything you say above though after that part, a move definitely has to be made but i dont know if there is any saving this team unless he manages to get 2 RBs.

Trade 2 of those guys and try and get a RB1 and RB2 in return, may take a few trades to get there and you may even get rid of Sproles in the process. If you can trade Wayne, Marshall, Sproles and get back McFadden, Morris and Maclin or something along those lines i think you will be in good shape.

Also like I said in my last post, if you can sell high on Luck then do it. You may be able to find someone stacked at RB who will give you a pair of RB2s for Luck and one of our WRs.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
Posts: 870
(Past Year: 358)
Joined: 18 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need some RB trade advice

Postby shennessy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:38 pm

mycuccismells wrote:
Thrasy wrote:i dont know if there is any saving this team .


I don't need any "saving", I am in first place. I have the most PF in the league. Have you seen what these WRs have been doing lately? We get 2 extra points for 100 yd games, and 5 for 200 yd games. I am not going to trade 2 of them away, unless I get 2 RB1s. If I trade one away and get a decent back I will still be starting 3 WR1s on a weekly basis. I just need another 10 pt/week RB and I will be golden.
shennessy
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 27
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need some RB trade advice

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:42 pm

shennessy wrote:There are 12 teams. Sproles has been rather consistent producing 8+ points which has guided me to 4-1 and in 1st overwall because the Wrs are so explosive. .

I received an offer to get Lynch for White and Sproles, should I pull the trigger? I might be able to do Calvin Johnson for Lynch straight up but haven't offered this yet.

This will still leave me with a hole at RB2


Dont do either of those deals, as it stands. Can you possibly pull of White and Sproles for Lynch and his WR2/3? Dont know your scoring but in my league Sproles has 65 pts and Lynch has 88 so thats a nice increase but he also has games against SF, MIN, MIA, CHI, ARI, SF who are all good run defenses so if hes your only RB that could be a little dicey. Also that last matchup with SF is week 16 which would be the championship if you made it that far so i dont know if you want your only RB to have a horrible matchup in week 16. Not a bad guy to go for but you are paying too high of a price for someone who has a lot of tough matchups ahead of him.

Someone who has a great schedule moving forward and can probably be had for cheap is McGahee so maybe try and target him. Also McFadden has a VERY favorable schedule moving forwards as well. Another one is Reggie Bush who has a great schedule and may be able to get for cheaper which the injury concerns but worth the risk for you. You are right though you need to try and get 2 RBs
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
Posts: 870
(Past Year: 358)
Joined: 18 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need some RB trade advice

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:51 pm

shennessy wrote:
mycuccismells wrote:
Thrasy wrote:i dont know if there is any saving this team .


I don't need any "saving", I am in first place. I have the most PF in the league. Have you seen what these WRs have been doing lately? We get 2 extra points for 100 yd games, and 5 for 200 yd games. I am not going to trade 2 of them away, unless I get 2 RB1s. If I trade one away and get a decent back I will still be starting 3 WR1s on a weekly basis. I just need another 10 pt/week RB and I will be golden.


Without knowing anything about your league i would say that is somewhat a product of your matchups and guys having huge weeks for you. Below are the guys numbers in the first 5 weeks based on the scoring in my league (will be slighly different than yours because mine is .5PPR)

Marshall: 24,3,10,25,28
Calvin: 16, 13, 32, 8, bye
Wayne: 20, 16, 13,bye, 39
White: 12, 22, 8, 39, 9

As you can see for the most part points for receivers vary, you have just been fortunate enough to have someone have a monster week almost every week to pick up the slack but there will be weeks when that isnt true. Also remember that if you trade away Calvin or Wayne then you still need to make it through bye weeks this week and next week which will again leave you thin.

I wouldnt expect to get back a RB1 in return for a WR1 unless you are talking about Calvin johnson, maybe a low end RB1 but not a top 5 guy.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
Posts: 870
(Past Year: 358)
Joined: 18 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need some RB trade advice

Postby shennessy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:04 pm

mycuccismells wrote:
Dont do either of those deals, as it stands. Can you possibly pull of White and Sproles for Lynch and his WR2/3? Dont know your scoring but in my league Sproles has 65 pts and Lynch has 88 so thats a nice increase but he also has games against SF, MIN, MIA, CHI, ARI, SF who are all good run defenses so if hes your only RB that could be a little dicey. Also that last matchup with SF is week 16 which would be the championship if you made it that far so i dont know if you want your only RB to have a horrible matchup in week 16. Not a bad guy to go for but you are paying too high of a price for someone who has a lot of tough matchups ahead of him.

Someone who has a great schedule moving forward and can probably be had for cheap is McGahee so maybe try and target him. Also McFadden has a VERY favorable schedule moving forwards as well. Another one is Reggie Bush who has a great schedule and may be able to get for cheaper which the injury concerns but worth the risk for you. You are right though you need to try and get 2 RBs


Good Idea, I didn't look at his schedule moving forward. In my league Lynch has 68 and Sproles has 45. I will try and get a McGahee or a Bush. I am worried about DMC because of his injuries lately.

mycuccismells wrote:
Without knowing anything about your league i would say that is somewhat a product of your matchups and guys having huge weeks for you. Below are the guys numbers in the first 5 weeks based on the scoring in my league (will be slighly different than yours because mine is .5PPR)

Marshall: 24,3,10,25,28
Calvin: 16, 13, 32, 8, bye
Wayne: 20, 16, 13,bye, 39
White: 12, 22, 8, 39, 9

As you can see for the most part points for receivers vary, you have just been fortunate enough to have someone have a monster week almost every week to pick up the slack but there will be weeks when that isnt true. Also remember that if you trade away Calvin or Wayne then you still need to make it through bye weeks this week and next week which will again leave you thin.

I wouldnt expect to get back a RB1 in return for a WR1 unless you are talking about Calvin johnson, maybe a low end RB1 but not a top 5 guy.


This is why I want to keep 3 of the WRs because any given week one of them WILL have a monster week. I was also considering moving White because our deadline is the 17th, and I wouldn't have to deal with adjusting for another bye after this week
shennessy
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 27
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need some RB trade advice

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:13 pm

shennessy wrote:Good Idea, I didn't look at his schedule moving forward. In my league Lynch has 68 and Sproles has 45. I will try and get a McGahee or a Bush. I am worried about DMC because of his injuries lately.

This is why I want to keep 3 of the WRs because any given week one of them WILL have a monster week. I was also considering moving White because our deadline is the 17th, and I wouldn't have to deal with adjusting for another bye after this week


In your situation you really need to take schedule into account. If you are only going to have one solid back going forward you need to make sure he has as many favorable matchups as possible so you dont take losses when he has a real tough matchup. Those 3 guys i points out all have good schedules and im sure there are plenty more out there, i also like Morris as a guy you can get at RB2 value who will give you borderline RB1 production.

If you want to keep 3 WRs i can understand that, but im not sure you can afford to with your current situation just becaus your need at RB is so high. Do you think you could get 2 solid RB2s (Morris, Bush, McGahee, etc) in return for Calvin Johnson?? Or maybe something like a Trent RIchardson and Maclin for Calvin so you get an RB 1 and get back a servicable WR3? Then you could try and move Roddy for fringe RB1/2 and you would have a much deeper team.

Also like i said before, do you think you could get anything for Luck?
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
Posts: 870
(Past Year: 358)
Joined: 18 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:55 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact