HUGE trade... *WHIR* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

HUGE trade... *WHIR*

Moderator: Football Moderators

HUGE trade... *WHIR*

Postby koruptified » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:00 pm

Here's my team:

QB: Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers
RB: Chris Johnson, MOJO, Ryan Matthews,James Starks, Alfred Morris, Pierre Thomas, CJ Spiller
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Jordy Nelson, Denarius Moore, Miles Austin, Josh Gordon, Andrew Hawkins, Donald Johnson, Golden Tate
TE: Heath Miller
K: Justin Tucker
D: Cardinals

Here is the lineup that can be used every week. (1) QB, (2) RB, (4) WR/TE, (1) RB/WR/TE, (1) K, (1) D.

I would trade MOJO, CJ2K, Nelson, Fitz, and Pierre Thomas for Brandon Marshall, Tony Gonzalez, Leshoure, William Powell, and Andre Roberts.

Basically, I need WR. Mine are NOT producing and Tony G and Marshall have that production. I am getting two RBs back with losing MOJO and CJ2K. I'm taking Roberts because he won't take Fitz if he has two Cardinal's receivers. I just feel like I have good starters in Morris and Matthews and the ability to run Spiller at my flex or someone else.

Opinions? I need this ASAP! Thanks.
koruptified
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: HUGE trade... *WHIR*

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:10 pm

This is a horrible trade, and there is no reason that any trade should involve 10 players. To me you take Thomas, Leshoure, powell and roberts out of this trade because they are all pretty much fluff just to make the numbers even. At its root this trade is MOJO, CJ2K, Fitz and Jordy for Brandon Marshall and Tony G. Fitzgerald for Marshall is a pretty lateral move, you get stability with Fitz and upside with Marshall. Take that away and you are giving up a RB1, RB2/3 and WR2/3 for a TE.

You have 3 solid RBs in Mathews, MOJO and Morris and 2 upside flex RBs in Spiller and CJ2K
You have a solid WR1 in Fitz, WR1/2 in Miles and a couple of WR2/3 in Moore and Nelson

If you are going to do anything package up Nelson with Morris/Spiller/CJ2K and get Marshall and be done with it.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby sans_abri » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:14 pm

I get what you're trying to do, but I would go about it totally differently. Try trading a RB directly for a WR. You have stud RBs that should return easily top 5 receivers given the depth at WR and lack of at RB. RB are fantasy gold this season. I wouldn't be throwing away two studs like that for receivers and a TE.

help: viewtopic.php?t=525730
sans_abri
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby koruptified » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:15 pm

The people in my league are terrible about giving up star players. If someone has points, they won't give them up unless it's a top player in return. He feels that MOJO for Marshall is a fair trade. He won't take a package of Nelson/Spiller or Morris or CJ for Marshall because he has Michael Turner and AP.

So what WRs should I be going after in return for MOJO? What about MOJO/Nelson for S. Jackson/Calvin Johnson?
koruptified
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions