WR HELP!Should I drop a WR on My Roster for FA Jordy Nelson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

WR HELP!Should I drop a WR on My Roster for FA Jordy Nelson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR HELP!Should I drop a WR on My Roster for FA Jordy Nelson?

Postby Matt214racer » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:42 am

I need Advice on Whether or not I should Drop one of My current WR's on my Roster for WR Jordy Nelson who's currently a Free Agent in My NON PPR League?Which means I would be able to pick him up right away and I could start him today also if u all think I should get him and if Yes, then should I start Him against Houston tonite over someone else? I'm going to list below "My Starting Roster for Week 6"at this point bc I'm still Not 100% Sure ON acouple positions Yet!!! So will u pls Share ur Opinion on who to Start for Week 6 in these(Positions)QB,RB,WR,TE and {RB/WR}Flex Spot?(Below is My Undecided Week6 Roster, My Full team Roster and My NON PPR Leagues starting Format) I appreciate all the HELP I can get Thanks.
{My Undecided Week6 Starters}
QB:(M. Stafford>DET)
RB:(L. McCoy>PHI)and(J. Charles>KC)
WR:(A. Johnson>HOU)and(J. Jones>GB)
TE:(A. Hernandez>NE)if he plays but if he doesn't play then(D. Pitta>BAL)
RBorWR Flex:(A. Roberts>AZ)
K:(S. Janikowski>OAK) DEF:(SF>49ERS)

{My Roster it's a NON PPR League!!}
QB:(Matthew Stafford)and(Joe Flacco)
RB:(LeSean McCoy),(Jamaal Charles),
(Alfred Morris)ande(Mikel Leshoure)
WR:(Andre Johnson),(James Jones),
(DeSean Jackson),(Andre Roberts)
and(Dominek Hixon)
TE:(Aaron Hernandez)and(Dennis Pitta)
K:(Sebastian Janikowski)
DEF:(San Fransisco)
{My NON PPR League Format!!}
{Have To Start}:1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,
1Flex(RB/WR),Kicker and DEFENSE
6 Bench players

Thanks!!!! If u need any HELP just leave a link here!!!!
Last edited by Matt214racer on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt214racer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR HELP!Should I drop a WR on My Roster for FA Jordy Nel

Postby Mean One » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:34 pm

I would drop Hixon for Nelson, then look to make a trade of WR James Jones to upgrade a position on your roster (possible TE).

As far as your RB/WR flex spot start, Alfred Morris should be an every-week start over Andre Roberts.

Oh . . . . . btw, the 'green' highlight doesn't work too well on these forums. ;-)
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby Matt214racer » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Yea idk it was like that lol but I just fixed it and I have a BIG QUESTION for U and Anybody Else that can answer it really fast for me pls!!!
I have a 5.22 point lead over the team I'm against this week and we each have 2 positions still to play, Mine r both in tonites games witch r WR A. Johnson HOU and WR James Jones GB. The other team has Kicker Crosby GB and the Denver Defense left to play. So the question is do u think I'm gonna get the Week 6 Win with the match ups left to play? Please give me ur thoughts I know that the predictions points say I'm gonna Win but u can almost never really trust those so just want some thoughts from others on this Week 6 finish with Win or to close to call. I had the chance to get WR J. Nelson(GB) Today bc he was a FA in my League and I'm wondering now if I should've picked him up and used him this week. Let me know wat ya think about that Dilemma that's currently on My Mind forsure lol? Well thanks again and hope to read ur thoughts on this and others!!!!

{My Roster it's a NON PPR League!!}
QB:(Matthew Stafford)&(Joe Flacco)
RB:(LeSean McCoy),(Jamaal Charles),
(Alfred Morris)&(Mikel Leshoure)
WR:(Andre Johnson),(James Jones),
(DeSean Jackson),(Andre Roberts)
&(Dominek Hixon)
TE:(Aaron Hernandez)&(Dennis Pitta)
K:(Sebastian Janikowski)
DEF:(San Fransisco)
{My NON PPR League Format!!}
{Have To Start}:1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,
1Flex(RB/WR),Kicker & DEFENSE
6 Bench players
Matt214racer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Mean One » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:20 am

Good job on grabbing Nelson. Unfortunately it seems you didn't (or weren't able to) play him last night and missed the highlight reel of his entire career. :-/ Anyway, you had Jones so hopefully you built a comfortable cushion ahead of your opponent going into Monday night's game.

I personally don't offer much (if any) advice on whom to start. I have trouble with my own lineups. :-o Anyway, go with your gut and never question proven performance, especially from a vet player. Past performances are your best indicators when setting a starting lineup week to week. ;-D
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions