Sjax vs Daryl Richardson..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sjax vs Daryl Richardson.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sjax vs Daryl Richardson.....

Postby nightfox422 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:19 pm

splitting carrier evenly today,

Anyone think they are working on getting richardson more and more carries, and slowely phasing out Sjax?

ROS, who has more value?
nightfox422
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sjax vs Daryl Richardson.....

Postby stomperrob » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:53 pm

He's def outperforming 2nd round pick Pead - both of those guys are under 200 lbs though (compared to Jackson's 240 lbs), so I see him in a complimentary role this season - Jackson will be the dreaded 30 years old next season, just not sure Richardson can be an every down back, maybe Pead will come around and they can be a RBBC next season (or maybe they draft a bigger back next year)
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:27 am

Beat writer Jim Thomas believes Steven Jackson "may" split carries with Daryl Richardson for the rest of the season.
Jackson's health was at 100 percent in Week 6, but he received 15 touches compared to 13 for Richardson. The rookie brings a speed element to the running game that the 29-year-old veteran can't. Through six weeks, Richardson is at 5.64 yards per touch while Jackson is at 4.03. Even in this bloated bye week, it's hard to trust S-Jax as anything more than a flex against the Packers.
Related: Daryl Richardson
Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch
Oct 17 - 10:41 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... layer-news
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:35 am

I remember reading somewhere that St. Louis has said that they will not resign S.Jax next offseason. This could be a great opportunity for the Rams to see what they have in Richardson. I just picked him up, so I hope they give him a shot at being the primary back. S.Jax has a ton of miles on those wheels too so a little injury hick-up along the lines wouldn't surprise me.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Chicago 2 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:43 am

nightfox422 wrote:splitting carrier evenly today,

Anyone think they are working on getting richardson more and more carries, and slowely phasing out Sjax?

ROS, who has more value?

In the long run you would assume Richardson has more value if he continues to run and produce like he is.

Jackson hasn't done anything to show he is worth starting on a roster and like someone already said he is an injury away from being an afterthought.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Steven Jackson drawing interest
Updated: October 28, 2012, 5:39 PM ET
By Adam Schefter | ESPN

The St. Louis Rams have fielded trade inquiries about running back Steven Jackson over the past few weeks in advance of Tuesday's NFL trade deadline, according to league sources.

Multiple teams have called the Rams to discuss Jackson's availability, and while the Rams are not proactively shopping Jackson, or any other player, they are willing to listen to offers.

Teams such as Arizona, Green Bay, Dallas and Pittsburgh each have dealt with injuries at the running back position and make sense as potential trade partners. Green Bay, in particular, has coveted Jackson in the past.

Jackson was largely shut down Sunday against the Patriots in London, finishing with 23 yards on seven carries in St. Louis' 45-7 loss. He has 403 yards and one touchdown through eight games this season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85640 ... st-sources
stomperrob

Postby KeithJ » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:31 am

I have both Sjax and Richardson on my team and they're killing me. When I saw the trade rumors for Jackson yesterday, I was a bit overjoyed. If I could turn two time-share backs into two starting backs, I'd be a very happy camper (c'mon Green Bay).
KeithJ
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:28 pm

I own Richardson and I would love for S.Jax to get moved.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 am

ESPN's John Clayton says Steven Jackson would be "perfect" for the Packers' offense.
Jackson is tentatively expected to void the final year of his contract before free agency opens in March. At that point, we'd expect the Packers to show interest. Jackson has missed just two games over the last four seasons and has averaged 4.23 yards per carry over the last two years, proving there's still plenty of tread on his tires. Jackson fits in Green Bay thanks to his unique abilities as a pass-catcher and blocker.
Related: Packers
Source: ESPN.com
Feb 12 - 11:33 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... layer-news
stomperrob

Return to Football Talk