How 'bout them Cowboys??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How 'bout them Cowboys???

Moderator: Football Moderators

How 'bout them Cowboys???

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:32 pm

When will Jerry Jones realize his GM (himself) is a complete idiot and is not qualified to do the job???

Posted: Sunday October 14, 2012 9:35PM ; Updated: Monday October 15, 2012 8:06AM
Don Banks>SNAP JUDGMENTS
Cowboys can't explain away their latest choke job; more Snaps

• Even Jerry Jones can't sugar-coat this one. And he shouldn't even try. The Cowboys owner/head cheerleader almost always sees his team's glass as half full, but the stark reality is Dallas let a golden opportunity to pull a huge upset in Baltimore slip through its fingers Sunday with some shoddy and all-too-typical late-game execution.

Sorry, but at this point in his NFL career, Dez Bryant absolutely has to catch that game-tying two-point conversion pass in the final minute of regulation. And ditto for Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett, who has to manage the clock better than to force kicker Dan Bailey to try a 51-yard field goal -- which would have tied his career high -- with six seconds remaining. The Cowboys started the previous play with 26 seconds remaining and a timeout left, but somehow managed to dawdle around at the line of scrimmage and wind up using 20 seconds for a lousy 1-yard pass to Bryant.

Inexcusable, especially after Garrett's glaring clock-management mistakes of last season.

Dallas is long past the stage of moral victories, so pushing the Ravens to the brink of defeat before losing 31-29 is no badge of honor, even if Baltimore is one of the toughest visiting venues in the NFL. Dallas held the ball for 40:03, and rolled up 30 first downs, 227 yards rushing and 481 yards of total offense, and still lost for the third time in four games. When will the underachievement ever end in Dallas?

"I am sick about losing this game,'' Jones said in postgame comments that have grown both predictable and familiar to Dallas fans. "This is a very tough place to play. We made our share of mistakes, but I thought we had a shot to win at the end.''

You had way more than a shot, Jerry. Your Cowboys dominated this game and should have won, and even the Ravens (5-1) must have known that. That Baltimore prevailed despite losing cornerbacks Lardarius Webb (a possible season-ending ACL injury) and Jimmy Smith (lower leg strain), as well as middle linebacker Ray Lewis (triceps), speaks to the Ravens' resiliency and the Cowboys' penchant for self-inflicted wounds and game-turning mistakes.

con't...

more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z29NcJKTlW
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How 'bout them Cowboys???

Postby tantrix1969 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:15 am

The Dallas Morning News reports the Cowboys have decided ILB Sean Lee's sprained toe requires surgery, and that he is done for the season.
It's a back-breaking blow for the Cowboys' run defense, and more disappointing news for a player who was plagued by a wrist injury down the stretch of his breakout 2011 campaign. The Cowboys have a capable replacement in former Panther Dan Connor, but Lee was playing at an All-Pro level. It just got a whole lot easier to run on the Cowboys' 15th ranked run defense, which in turn will ratchet up the pressure on their No. 3 passing unit. Lee is due $575,000 in the final year of his rookie deal next season. Oct 23 - 11:18 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5876/sean-lee

This is bad news for an already troubled Cowboys. Even with the win at Carolina being a Dallas fan has started to feel like being the parent of a slow,fat kid playing peewee football. I will always watch since I love him,and cheer if he does something good,but know he will never be the star or do much at all.
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby moochman » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:29 pm

It does surprise me that Garrett hasn't been fired yet. Normally owners with big mouths are quicker to fire people who are incompetent. Its a shame, they have had the talent to compete at high levels but the head and the pants seem empty. (attn: Jerry, that means no brains and no stones)

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:13 pm

moochman wrote:It does surprise me that Garrett hasn't been fired yet. Normally owners with big mouths are quicker to fire people who are incompetent. Its a shame, they have had the talent to compete at high levels but the head and the pants seem empty. (attn: Jerry, that means no brains and no stones)

Unfortunately I don't think a coaching change will help as long as Jones fancies himself a GM - the man's ego has no limits. :-t
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:36 am

moochman wrote:It does surprise me that Garrett hasn't been fired yet. Normally owners with big mouths are quicker to fire people who are incompetent. Its a shame, they have had the talent to compete at high levels but the head and the pants seem empty. (attn: Jerry, that means no brains and no stones)

Agreed. Ive said it for years on here...We need a Cowher type coach that can get in a 350 lb guys face and tell him he screwed up. Discipline and heart. We shoot ourselves in the foot constantly. 6 turnovers and we are a finger tip from winning against the Giants??? WTF!!

As a Cowboys fan its crazy how they will always find a way to lose. Time management and settling for a 51 yd FG. My immediate reaction was we can win this 8-o then I got that sick to my stomach feeling that says no way he makes it this is his longest FG...that type of win never happens for the Cowboys. Same with the Dez no TD. I was looking on my phone at the play being reviewed and my thoughts were this will somehow be overturned.

We need a team that walks on the field like they want to devour the opponent and minimizes mistakes. Romo is a solid QB but we can't run the ball so we are predictable. You are not going to win games if teams can focus on your strengths because you are so weak in other areas. :-t
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby moochman » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:06 pm

The QB is so often an extension of their coaching. Romo is a classic example. The Cowboys are an explosive team that feels they can roll up on anyone, anytime. But they are also an over confident bunch that takes unnecessary risks and doesn't value their possessions well. Can you imagine Romo throwing all those silly INTs were Parcels the head coach?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby tantrix1969 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:34 pm

moochman wrote:The QB is so often an extension of their coaching. Romo is a classic example. The Cowboys are an explosive team that feels they can roll up on anyone, anytime. But they are also an over confident bunch that takes unnecessary risks and doesn't value their possessions well. Can you imagine Romo throwing all those silly INTs were Parcels the head coach?

Parcells said Romo had great potential but needed to be closely coached as he is too prone to making a bad gamble and he was spot on. But here's proof the turnovers aren't his fault :-b Image

but seriously if your car is mostly reliable but occasionally breaks down for no reason, do you keep the car?
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby Warpigs » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:21 pm

I find it almost nauseating how many people seem to give Romo free pass after free pass for bad games. Colin Cowherd is one Romo apologist that just gets more annoying with every excuse.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby tantrix1969 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:38 am

Warpigs wrote:I find it almost nauseating how many people seem to give Romo free pass after free pass for bad games. Colin Cowherd is one Romo apologist that just gets more annoying with every excuse.

The lengths some fans go to defend Romo is unreal they seem to be more of a Romo fan than a Cowboy fan, used to defend him myself but years of improper coaching letting him go unchecked have let him regress to his base talent, a poor mans Favre - the same type of reckless gunslinger but without the arm
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby tantrix1969 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:29 pm

Jimmy Johnson - A Football Life on NFL Network tonight and it just so happened that Jimmy made the statement today that he not Jerry Jones had final say on all personnel (hopefully the media asks Jerry about this over..... and over...... and over :-b )
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-a-crock/
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Football Talk