QB replacement for week 7 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

QB replacement for week 7

Moderator: Football Moderators

QB replacement for week 7

Postby A-Mac » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:38 am

Gotta find a replacement for Peyton this week. Would you go with Cutler vs DET, Romo at CAR, Luck vs CLE, or Freeman vs NO? Plenty of other options as well (Fitzpatrick, Palmer, Ponder, etc.) but these four guys seem to have pretty juicy matchups. Thoughts? 10-team league with 1pt/50 pass yards and 6pts/TD.

Mc
A-Mac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: QB replacement for week 7

Postby utility-hook » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:38 am

Cutler and Romo scare me the most. I like Freeman and Fitzpatrick's match-up the best. I think both could do well this week but I think Freeman will need to be passing more to keep pace with the Saints. Fitzpatrick has done poorly the last 2 weeks but he has played 2 good pass defenses in the 49ers & Cardinals so I do think he bounces back this week @ home against the Titans. Im gonna say go with Fitzpatrick.

I have a similar question involving Freeman
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=526151
utility-hook
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 51)

Postby gregtucker87 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:34 pm

Im sort of in the same situation. Matt Ryan has a bye week and im also going with Fitz. He has a great matchup and like U hook said he has went against some tough pass defenses the last to weeks but his 4 weeks before that have been solid, go with fitz

help me out please? viewtopic.php?t=526212
10Man Standard Scoring
QB-MATT RYAN
RB-ADRIAN PETERSON, Fred Jackson, Reggie Bush, Chris Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Ahmad Bradshaw
WR-CALVIN JOHNSON, MIKE WALLACE, Roddy White, Denarius Moore
TE-VERNON DAVIS, Owen Daniels
K-Shayne Graham
DEF-HOU
gregtucker87
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Postby TampaBayCane » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:30 pm

I have Matt Ryan on bye this week and am starting Freeman. I am in a 14-M league that has virtually no QBs available but Freeman had a great week last week. As a Bucs fan I also heard rumors before last game that he was under pressure to keep his starting job this year and in the future. I think that it might have finally woken him up to play smart with no turnovers and to utilize Williams and Vincent Jackson. My main concern is the Saints coming off the bye..
TampaBayCane
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby yankee0412 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Fitzpatrick and Freeman are taken in my league so for me it's Cutler or Ponder. I'm gonna roll the dice on Cutler. Coming off a bye and a great game before the bye, and playing that terrible Detroit pass defense, I'll take my chances.
yankee0412
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby curtk » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:05 am

I added Luck a couple of weeks ago to start for Peyton this week, but I don't have the other options available that you have. This is pretty tough, because you have so many decent options to choose from.

Although I'm starting the Browns as my defense this week (there's almost nothing available this week!), they are the 4th best defense for QB's, so Luck could be in for a good rebound game. Fitz and Freeman have the other really good matchups (TEN is 2nd and NO is 6th best for QBs). Luck has had one bad game, Fitz has had two bad ones in a row, and Freeman has the hotter hand, and will probably have to throw a lot. Plus, BUF may continue to run a lot, limiting Fitz' chances. Cutler and Romo are too risky for my tastes.

So where does this lead? I think I'd rank them Luck, Fitz, Freeman, Romo, and Cutler. Hope this helps!

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=526286
Thanks!
curtk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)

Postby A-Mac » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:38 am

This one is still kicking my butt...one minute I'm about to grab Freeman, then I think Luck is the safer choice (of course, Fitz could have the highest payoff of them all.) All three have good matchups, but I just can't decide...

I'll mull over it some more to narrow it down to two, then maybe just flip a coin. :-)

Mc
A-Mac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Who to Start/Bench