Trade McFadden for Fitzgerald? WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade McFadden for Fitzgerald? WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade McFadden for Fitzgerald? WHIR!

Postby Lenny6 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:55 pm

I missed my chance to trade McFadden for AJ Green, but the same owner is offering Larry Fitzgerald? Would you make the deal straight up? Or I could trade McFadden + Garcon for Fitz + Green-Ellis? Or should I counter with another RB + Lloyd or A.Brown?

8-team standard scoring league, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DST.

My roster:
QB: Brady, Vick
RB: McFadden, Richardson, Bush, McGahee, D. Martin
WR/TE: R.White, Graham, Lloyd, A.Brown, Garcon
K: Walsh, Bailey
DST: NYJ, Bills

His roster:
QB: Rodgers, Flacco
RB: Charles, F.Jackson, Green-Ellis, Leshoure, F.Jones
WR/TE: Green, Fitzgerald, Bryant, T.Smith, A.Hernandez
K: Tucker, Henery
DST: Patriots, Texans

Leave a link and I will help in return. Thanks!
Last edited by Lenny6 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenny6
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade McFadden for AJ Green? WHIR!

Postby TruNinerFan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:18 pm

I would do it. Green has been a monster this year

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade McFadden for Fitzgerald? WHIR!

Postby Lenny6 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Missed my chance at Green, but would you make one of these moves for Fitzgerald? Thanks!
Lenny6
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jjgarciadallas » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:31 pm

Thanks for the help. I'd try and offer Bush/McGahee/Martin & Brown for Fitzgerald. If you can give up depth for a starter, I'd rather do that.
jjgarciadallas
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BigFin13 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:53 pm

Thanks for helping me! I agree with jj, wish I could tell you more than that but his analysis is pretty spot on. Counter with the options he mentioned for Fitz. ;-D
BigFin13
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SirGrotius » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Definitely do that trade. Fitz is very hot this year and DMC is one step away from being a forgotten player.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=526413
10 rushing yards - 1 pt
10 receiving yards - 1 pt
20 passing yards - 1 pt
All TDs - 6 pts (QBs favored)
SirGrotius
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby pocrates » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:44 am

jjgarciadallas wrote:I'd try and offer Bush/McGahee/Martin & Brown for Fitzgerald. If you can give up depth for a starter, I'd rather do that.

You're deep at RB, but I would hold onto McFadden. Based on his 27 carries and their new blocking scheme (hybrid zone and angle), I think he's going to start producing as a top-ten back. After nearing beating the best team in the NFL, I don't see the Raiders moving away from run-heavy playing calling. McGahee and Martin are good value for Fitz.
pocrates
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:55 am

pocrates wrote:
jjgarciadallas wrote:I'd try and offer Bush/McGahee/Martin & Brown for Fitzgerald. If you can give up depth for a starter, I'd rather do that.

You're deep at RB, but I would hold onto McFadden. Based on his 27 carries and their new blocking scheme (hybrid zone and angle), I think he's going to start producing as a top-ten back. After nearing beating the best team in the NFL, I don't see the Raiders moving away from run-heavy playing calling. McGahee and Martin are good value for Fitz.

Agree with this guy, and take a look at McFadden's schedule. Jags/Chiefs/Bucs/Ravens/Saints/Bengals/Browns/Broncos/Chiefs/Panthers. There isnt a bad matchup in that whole list really and ending the season with the Chiefs and Panthers in wks 15/16 during most fantasy playoffs is huge
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 378)

Postby allday643dp » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:08 am

While I agree with the two above posts in most regards, I still think you should take this trade.
What you lose with McFadden, your back up RBs will be able to pick up. But Fitzgerald is considerably better than the rest of your WRs. This trade WILL make your team better and I think you should do it.
allday643dp
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:28 am

allday643dp wrote:While I agree with the two above posts in most regards, I still think you should take this trade.
What you lose with McFadden, your back up RBs will be able to pick up. But Fitzgerald is considerably better than the rest of your WRs. This trade WILL make your team better and I think you should do it.

He has Roddy/White/Lloyd in those 3 spots which isnt too shabby. Yes this team will make him better but i still think its horrible value, and in an 8 team league there is more value to be had. There are at least 3-4 teams who are bound to be stacked at WR and have points dying on their bench at WR and would be glad to make a deal. This guy has horrible depth at RB so you should be using that to your advantage and play from a position of strength and not weakness. Hes far more desperate for a RB than you are for a receiver, use that to your advantage. I would throw out:

McFadden for AJ
Bush for Fitzgerald
McGahee for Dez
Martin for Smith and Houston D

Things along those lines, you have the power so dont take a bad deal just because it helps your team. Instead try and find a deal that helps your team but is also a good deal at face value, there are plenty of options here
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 378)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions