Ray Lewis - end of the line??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ray Lewis - end of the line???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ray Lewis - end of the line???

Postby stomperrob » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:41 pm

His season is over and possibly his career too - big loss not only to the Ravens but to the NFL as well, he was fun to watch in action.

Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis is out for the season with triceps tear
The veteran linebacker is in his 17th season
By Jeff Zrebiec
8:49 p.m. EDT, October 15, 2012

What appeared to be a harmless tackle of Dallas Cowboys’ running back Phillip Tanner in the fourth quarter Sunday became the last play Ravens inside linebacker Ray Lewis will make this season.

Lewis, 37 years old and a veteran of 17 NFL seasons, now has to decide whether the Ravens’ victory Sunday will also be the final game of his Hall of Fame career.

A magnetic resonance imaging test taken Monday on Lewis’ right arm revealed the Ravens’ worst fear: a torn triceps, which is a rare but significant injury that will likely require surgery and an arduous six-month recovery period.

Like the new Ravens Insider Facebook page.

Selected after offensive tackle Jonathan Ogden in the first round of the Ravens’ first draft in 1996, Lewis has become the face of the franchise, one of the NFL’s most respected players, and one of the most celebrated linebackers ever.

Lewis always has been non-committal about retirement, saying only that he’ll know when it’s time. Ravens coach John Harbaugh declined to speculate on whether Lewis may have played his last game.

“That’s for Ray to speak on,” Harbaugh said. “I admire Ray Lewis. I’ve said that many times. I think everybody in this room does. Everybody that knows him feels that way about him. I’m looking forward to seeing what Ray says about that.”

con't...

more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/rave ... 8133.story
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk