RG3 for DMC?? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

RG3 for DMC?? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

RG3 for DMC?? WHIR

Postby mycuccismells » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:10 pm

I drafted Cam and RG3 and i grabbed Romo off FA after his miserable game against CHI so i could trade one of the first 2 and still have a solid backup. Only 1 guy in the league is interested in a QB and he isnt interested in Cam so its RG3 or i roster 3 QBs until someones QB goes down. He said he would have to think about this offer so i wont necessarily be able to get more, but if you wouldnt do that deal can you see a better deal in our rosters? Start QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/FLEX and its .5PPR

My Team:
QB: RG3/Cam/Romo
RB: McCoy/Trent/Sproles
WR: Calvin/A. Brown/ Maclin/Hartline

His Team:
QB: Vick/Fitzpatrick
RB: DMC/ Ridley/ Spiller/ Stewart/ Bolden
WR: Julio/ Fitz/ Jordy

Thanks and leave a link and ill definitely help back
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RG3 for DMC?? WHIR

Postby mycuccismells » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:20 pm

I should also mention that i would then try and parlay Sproles and Brown or Maclin for Roddy with someone who is stacked on WR and has expressed interest in Sproles. If all goes well my roster would be

Cam/Romo
McFadden/ McCoy/ Trent
Calvin/ Roddy/ Brown/ Hartline
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby thecheekybastards » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Honestly I'd hang on to RG3 at this point at least for a little while because Cam and Romo are shaky as hell. Try and do the trade with the dude who is stacked at WR first. Get rid of Sproles for a solid #3 WR and then wait for the guy who owns Vick to come crawling to you when Cam or Romo light up.
thecheekybastards
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby DAtaris17 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:36 pm

I wouldn't. I don't think the upgrade of Brown/Maclin/Sproles to DMC at your flex is worth the downgrade at QB. As much as I want to believe in Newton and Romo, at this point, I don't think it's wise to move forward with them as your starting QB, unless the upgrade is more substantial than that.
DAtaris17
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mycuccismells » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:37 pm

thecheekybastards wrote:Honestly I'd hang on to RG3 at this point at least for a little while because Cam and Romo are shaky as hell. Try and do the trade with the dude who is stacked at WR first. Get rid of Sproles for a solid #3 WR and then wait for the guy who owns Vick to come crawling to you when Cam or Romo light up.

I cant get rid of sproles unless i get McFadden because McCoy is on bye and the guy who wants Sproles only wants him because he needs a Rb for this week with McGahee and Mathews on bye. Plus Vick is on bye this week so that owner will never be as desperate as he is this week, pretty much its the perfect storm and if it doesnt happen this week i may be stuck with 3 QBs and no buyers (at least for awhile)
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby mycuccismells » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:42 pm

DAtaris17 wrote:I wouldn't. I don't think the upgrade of Brown/Maclin/Sproles to DMC at your flex is worth the downgrade at QB. As much as I want to believe in Newton and Romo, at this point, I don't think it's wise to move forward with them as your starting QB, unless the upgrade is more substantial than that.

How can it get more substantial than an RB1 to play in my flex every week? And if i stay put then it will really help me get through my bye weeks and if i make the move then essentially im starting Cam, DMC, Roddy instead of RG3, and then 2 out of Maclin/Brown/Sproles.

I sort of looked at Cam as a 5 pt drop off from RG3 on average, and then those other spots giving me at least a 10pt boost on average. Plus im a little worried about RG3 injury risk against a vicious Giants team and then him going down in value. Am i over/under valuing anyone in this deal?
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby DAtaris17 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:47 pm

I would be more willing to do Fitz/DMC for RG3/Brown/Sproles, maybe try that?

A RB1 in your flex is great, but Maclin and Brown are still top 20 kinda WRs and McFadden hasn't looked like the same player. If you're trading the #1 player in fantasy football I personally think you need to bring more in return.

RG3 to Cam being a 5 point downgrade might be about right, but I'm not sure Brown/Maclin/Sproles to DMC is a 5 point upgrade. Everyone likes to have a solid RB in their flex because it's more consistent production, but if you have a steady WR the points count just the same.

viewtopic.php?t=526255
DAtaris17
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby DAtaris17 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:49 pm

For the record, as my question shows, I do think there's some merit to moving RG3 right now, so I don't want to sound like a hypocrite, but it still has to be the right deal.
DAtaris17
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mycuccismells » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:52 pm

DAtaris17 wrote:I would be more willing to do Fitz/DMC for RG3/Brown/Sproles, maybe try that?

A RB1 in your flex is great, but Maclin and Brown are still top 20 kinda WRs and McFadden hasn't looked like the same player. If you're trading the #1 player in fantasy football I personally think you need to bring more in return.

RG3 to Cam being a 5 point downgrade might be about right, but I'm not sure Brown/Maclin/Sproles to DMC is a 5 point upgrade. Everyone likes to have a solid RB in their flex because it's more consistent production, but if you have a steady WR the points count just the same.

viewtopic.php?t=526255

I actually tried RG3/Sproles/Maclin for DMC and Fitz last week and he didnt do it. I could try again but i think i could do Brown/Sproles for Roddy to that other team (maybe even get D Brown back in the deal) and i like Roddy more than Fitz. I have Fitz in my other league and with Kolb going down im not quite sure how its going to work out and dont want to double gamble

I will say im a little biased because i dont think RG3 can make it all year (or will hit a wall like Cam last year) and i love McFadden's schedule moving foward. Thanks for the opinion, ill return the favor
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions