Time to move RG3? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Time to move RG3? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Time to move RG3? WHIR

Postby DAtaris17 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:19 pm

I only have him in one league, but I'm considering making the move in a non-keeper. Just had a huge week and the remaining schedule (and playoff schedule) doesn't look that juicy:

@ NYG
@ Pit
vs. Car
BYE
vs. Phi
@ Dal
vs. NYG
vs Bal
@ Cle (playoffs)
@ Phi (playoffs)

My other QB is Big Ben. If I could move him to a team and bring back someone like Romo to go with Ben and some upgrades at other spots, do you consider making that move now?

Tough spot for me is I really like my squad as is (12 team league non-PPR, listing my lineup as it would be assuming no byes and full health):

QB - Robert Griffin III
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Marques Colston
WR - Jeremy Maclin
RB - Stevan Ridley
RB - DeMarco Murray
TE - Antonio Gates
Flex - Doug Martin
BN - Ben Roethlisberger
BN - Sidney Rice
BN - Jeremy Kerley
BN - Fred Jackson
BN - William Powell
BN - Kendall Hunter

Is that team more primed for a playoff run if I do something like RG3/Powell/Sidney Rice for Romo and upgrades and if so, what's the right deal? The team I'm considering trading to has Jordy Nelson/Andre Johnson and Jamaal Charles/Willis McGahee. Does it have to be RG3/Powell/Rice for Romo/Charles/Nelson for it to be worth it? Sounds outrageous, but RG3 is the number one ranked player in the game..
DAtaris17
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Time to move RG3? WHIR

Postby mycuccismells » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:58 pm

I think you are overvaluing RG3 a bit, no one is going to give you THAT much value back for him. Sure he is the #1 scoring player so far but its also at the QB position where no team is really hurting THAT bad. Plus you have to remember that Cam was on the same kind of tear last week and eventually he hit a wall, most people know that while he will have a good year its unlikely he will keep up this high of a pace. Couple that with the high injury risk every game he plays and most people arent going to mortgage their whole team for him

That being said as you can see from my post i do think there is some value and now is a good time to move him. The only problem i have is that going from RG3 to Ben is a pretty big drop off and you are pretty set at most of the positions. Maybe something like RG3/Martin for Romo/Charles/Johnson?
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Re: Time to move RG3? WHIR

Postby dblj9911 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:36 pm

I think if anything you need to try and add some RB depth. A lot will depends on Murrays ligament in his foot, will itncontinuento be a problem, or is it no problem at all? Too me you need to find a team that needs a qb, look to move him to. Them and see what you are able to get in return. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=526261
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions