Ray Rice deal... Need advice! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Ray Rice deal... Need advice! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ray Rice deal... Need advice! WHIR

Postby jh2031 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:53 pm

First off... 16 team league. Scoring is very different in this league. This is not a ppr league. All TD scoring is based on the distance of the TD's. Rushing TD = 6 and up depending on distance. Receiving TD = 8 and up. Passing TD = 6 and up. A RB or WR MUST reach 100 yards to earn 6 points. Every 50 yards after that is an additional 5 points. Anything under 100 is a ZERO! That's right... ZERO! With that being said...

I trade Ray Rice
I receive Jordy Nelson, Blount and Matt Schaub.

My current roster - No TE needed in this league.

We start 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 K 1 DEF.

QB - Peyton Manning
RB - Ray Rice, Trent Richardson, Brandon Bolden and Montario Hardesty.
WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Wallace, Kerley and Justin Blackmon
K - Blair Walsh
DEF - Browns (Falcons)

My thinking is Rice is a dominant player but with these scoring rules in place, is he really that much better than Jordy point wise??? What do you think???
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ray Rice deal... Need advice! WHIR

Postby dblj9911 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:16 pm

There is zero chance I'm making this trade. You are trading a stud RB for a wr who has had one good game all year, a #2 RB (on his own team), and a back up qb. So how is this improving your team? Stick with Rice. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=526261
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:06 pm

jh2031 wrote:First off... 16 team league. Scoring is very different in this league. This is not a ppr league. All TD scoring is based on the distance of the TD's. Rushing TD = 6 and up depending on distance. Receiving TD = 8 and up. Passing TD = 6 and up. A RB or WR MUST reach 100 yards to earn 6 points. Every 50 yards after that is an additional 5 points. Anything under 100 is a ZERO! That's right... ZERO! With that being said...

I trade Ray Rice

QB - Peyton Manning
K - Blair Walsh
DEF - Browns (Falcons)

My thinking is Rice is a dominant player but with these scoring rules in place, is he really that much better than Jordy point wise??? What do you think???

I think the point is yes you do need a WR, and there might not be much point difference between Jordy and Rice with this scoring, but there is a huge difference between Rice and Bolden/Hardesty/Blount, all of which you;d have to play in Rice's place. I think there is plenty of WR depth out there that you could find someone to play. Schaub is a non factor, I'm sure there are some QB's to play this week with Peyton on bye, Fitz, Palmer, Freeman. In my opinion, especially in this scoring system you need to get back a better player then Jordy for a stud guy like Rice. And again, the point difference might not be great between Jordy and Rice, but the difference between Rice and the other RB you'd have to start is massive. No way do I do this.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=526273
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby JP555 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:11 pm

One thing you don't mention is if its 100 yards total or 100 yards receiving OR 100 yard rushing. Either way I probably wouldn't pull the trigger on that trade, but if it was total yards I DEFINITELY would not touch that deal.

help? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=526158
JP555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby sm28185 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:19 pm

i def wouldn't make that trade. there's too much of a drop off in RB quality if you give up Rice. playing Blount is a risky bet every week.

help - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=526282
sm28185
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dublin1 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:49 pm

jh2031 wrote:First off... 16 team league. Scoring is very different in this league. This is not a ppr league. All TD scoring is based on the distance of the TD's. Rushing TD = 6 and up depending on distance. Receiving TD = 8 and up. Passing TD = 6 and up. A RB or WR MUST reach 100 yards to earn 6 points. Every 50 yards after that is an additional 5 points. Anything under 100 is a ZERO! That's right... ZERO! With that being said...

I trade Ray Rice

QB - Peyton Manning
K - Blair Walsh
DEF - Browns (Falcons)

Rice is my boy and I would never trade him. I was offered Morris and Rodgers 2 weeks ago for Ryan and Rice and I shut it down! You should still get more points with Rice in this format than any WRs....interesting league. I would ty and get two WRs for Rice. Nelson and Decker or Thomas for Rice and then it makes more sense.

Some help: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=526288
Dublin1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions