QB Carousel....WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

QB Carousel....WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

QB Carousel....WHIR

Postby GeneralTsou » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:17 pm

12-team PPR 6pts pass TDs

I'm sitting pretty at 6-0 but my team has one GLARING weakness: QB

I'm mostly been riding Flacco (who I dropped last week) with 2 Rivers starts (2pts and 9pts)

I don't want to roster 2 QBs (I'd rather stream)

Is Rivers droppable at this point? He's on a bye this week and I doubt anyone will claim him after last nights meltdown

per rotoworld:

Coach Norv Turner emphasized Tuesday that turnovers will be "eliminated" even if it means scaling back the Chargers' offense.
"Yes, we are going to limit some things we're doing, and I've got to do a better job and make sure we put things in there, and then we're calling things that have less risk," said Turner. "They may not have as big of a reward. We may not be quite the same big-play team, but we're not going to turn the ball over." Philip Rivers has shown a curious mix of hesitation and careless aggression behind a subpar offensive line the past two years. Throttling down the offense is obviously a bad omen for his already struggling fantasy value.

Available on the WW: Flacco, Cutler, Hasselbeck, Fitzpatrick, Alex Smith, Bradford, Skelton, Freeman, Palmer, Weeden, Wilson

I don't want to use a waiver but there are a few other QB needy guys because of bye weeks.
12-team PPR

QB: Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick
RB: Jamaal Charles, Darren Sproles, Knowshon Moreno, Montee Ball
WR: Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon
TE: Martellus Bennett
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Cleveland
GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: QB Carousel....WHIR

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:01 pm

GeneralTsou wrote:12-team PPR 6pts pass TDs

I'm sitting pretty at 6-0 but my team has one GLARING weakness: QB

I'm mostly been riding Flacco (who I dropped last week) with 2 Rivers starts (2pts and 9pts)

I don't want to roster 2 QBs (I'd rather stream)

Is Rivers droppable at this point? He's on a bye this week and I doubt anyone will claim him after last nights meltdown

per rotoworld:

Coach Norv Turner emphasized Tuesday that turnovers will be "eliminated" even if it means scaling back the Chargers' offense.
"Yes, we are going to limit some things we're doing, and I've got to do a better job and make sure we put things in there, and then we're calling things that have less risk," said Turner. "They may not have as big of a reward. We may not be quite the same big-play team, but we're not going to turn the ball over." Philip Rivers has shown a curious mix of hesitation and careless aggression behind a subpar offensive line the past two years. Throttling down the offense is obviously a bad omen for his already struggling fantasy value.

Available on the WW: Flacco, Cutler, Hasselbeck, Fitzpatrick, Alex Smith, Bradford, Skelton, Freeman, Palmer, Weeden, Wilson

I don't want to use a waiver but there are a few other QB needy guys because of bye weeks.

I think if you're going to stream QB, you may benefit from having 2 good ones, Flacco and Cutler would be my choices.. If you only want to roster one for this week, I'd grab Cutler as his match up is really good. I would cut Rivers, I think you could grab him next week if you really wanted to keep him, I would prefer Flacco to Rivers at this point.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=526273
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby JP555 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:08 pm

Keep in mind that Ravens D just got ravaged by injuries, so Ravens may have to play more catchup then usual, which might lead to some extra Flacco points. I'de stick with him. Help with mine?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=526158
JP555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby sm28185 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:21 pm

the only QB i would consider picking up on the WW would be Cutler. otherwise, i like Flacco/Rivers more than the WW group. i think the last few weeks aren't really strong indicators of the ROS performances for the two of them.

help - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=526282
sm28185
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions